Delayed iPhone 6 deliveries screwing us on the iPhone 7 release!

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Hinezy, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I just realized that in two years when the iPhone 7 is released, my eligibility isn't going to line up because I'm not due to get my 6 Plus until late October!

Sent from my iPhone 5

2. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I was thinking the same thing! Who is your carrier? I think--not 100% sure--but I think with Verizon you are eligible to upgrade after 18 months.

3. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I'm with AT&T and their policy is 24 months but if you're eligibility is in the same month as the release but not until after, you'll still be eligible.

Sent from my iPhone 5

4. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I just checked my Verizon online account and it says I'm eligible for upgrade on 5-27-16. So it's actually 20 months for Verizon.

5. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

#1stworldproblems

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You will likely be eligible September 1st 2016. You're eligible one month before your upgrade month two years prior and then they roll it back to the first day of the month on the first day of that month. So it will say September 25th or something like that if you upgrade in October. Then that will change to September 1st 2016 at midnight on that day.

7. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I switched to the next and the 30 gig plan my bill is actually the exact same... Weird.you can pay phone off and buy a phone anytime u wish and its Not that hard to do (just by trading in old gadgets alone)

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Not sure what you're looking at, but it's 2 years, 24 months, with Verizon. Or it is on the More Everything Plan. They may make special early deals, but it's 24 months. It had been 20, but they changed it back to 24. There was a cut off date, and some got the 20 and others after the date got 24. It was 18 months at one time. My upgrade for 2 years is February. But they said I could do it 1 month early in January.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

9. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

My contract is for 24 months, but I am eligible for upgrade after 20. Possibly because it's a business account? We have 48 lines. I monitor them all and my line definitely says its eligible for upgrade on 5-27-16. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1412183744.270658.jpg

10. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Forgive me for saying this, but all this means is you'll have to wait an extra month to get the phone. That's hardly getting screwed, in my humble opinion.

That said, this is why I love the NEXT plan from AT&T. I go through phones like they're candy, sometimes 3-4 a year. I always have one iOS device and two Android devices. NEXT allows me to just sell off one of my phones, use the money to pay my remaining balance, and then I'm eligible again. I sold my iPhone 5s for $600 two weeks before the iPhone 6 announcement... I paid off my remaining $500, and then I was able to get my 6 with no money down. It's lovely, really.

11. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

For someone who enjoys iDay and the excitement of getting the phone on launch day, I will stick with my wording of getting screwed. As for your 3-4 phones a year, sounds like you have a problem.....jk

Sent from my iPhone 5

12. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

I jumped ahead with the iPhone 6. Original upgrade was nov 8. Verizon offered early upgrades so I now am eligible for the 7 September 27, 2016. So if they offer early upgrades again I can be one of those crazy people pre ordering at 3am lol

Sent using iCafe app

13. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Oh, I have no illusions about it- I definitely have a problem lol. And yeah, I totally understand the need to have the phone on launch day so I meant no disrespect. I am a tech nerd after all, so the moment something new comes out I absolutely have to have it. I just don't mind waiting a couple weeks for the rush to die down a bit.

For your case though, at least your upgrade is relatively close to launch day... I'd hate to have my upgrade come six months later. Do I get the current one that I've been coveting or wait another six months for the next latest and greatest??? Man that would drive me crazy.