Delayed SMS

sled14

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Fort Lauderdale
I was wondering if anyone has noticed getting SMS messages delayed? I've been noticing sometimes two messages will come from the same sender at once, and today got a message, immediately looked at it and it was time stamped for 30 min before. Not a huge deal but some people read too much into it and think I'm ignoring them, haha.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
About a week ago, I sent a playful txt to a friend while we were at lunch together. About a half hour later, as we were getting in the car, his phone alerted him of the txt. BTW, We're both ATT customers.

YMMV

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
I was wondering if anyone has noticed getting SMS messages delayed? I've been noticing sometimes two messages will come from the same sender at once, and today got a message, immediately looked at it and it was time stamped for 30 min before. Not a huge deal but some people read too much into it and think I'm ignoring them, haha.
I'm having this issue as well. My texts take for ever 2 arrive, sometimes they don't arrive at all, and other times (and this happens with my friends that have an specific carrier) they get the message on time but in blank :eek:

QuE1999

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Ahhh yes, the horrible plight of Verizon's text message woes finally comes to AT&T... <sigh>...