delete all contacts

gracey

Sep 28, 2009
Hi All,

I'm not a "techy" person and just recently had this iPhone..it is not an openline and i was warned that it should not be update or synced because it will be blocked but i want and need to erase all the contacts because my brother stored all his contacts when he tried using it..

Having a dilemma!

Can someone help me please..?

Would appreciate if will be advised step by step..

Many thanks!

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
How are the contacts entered? Are they syched with a service like MobileMe, Google, or Exchange? If so, you can just remove the account under Settings/Mail, Contacts and Calendars. The phone will prompt you/warn you it will remove the contacts. Another way to go is to wipe the phone and start over fresh. That's under settings/general/reset, then select "erase all content and settings". With my 3G, the wipe takes a couple hours. With the 3GS, I don't know if it's faster.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Hi All,

I'm not a "techy" person and just recently had this iPhone..it is not an openline and i was warned that it should not be update or synced because it will be blocked but i want and need to erase all the contacts because my brother stored all his contacts when he tried using it..

Having a dilemma!

Can someone help me please..?

Would appreciate if will be advised step by step..

Many thanks!
"it should not be update or synced"

No problem if you sync it even if it is an unlocked phone, the problem comes if you update the software.

Other than that, just follow the steps mentioned in the earlier post to erase the contacts and you should be fine.

Jul 11, 2008
If its jailbroken, you can also download app in Cydia, called "erase contacts" and it will erase them all.