Delete all

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Can someone please let me know if there is a way to delete everything extra off the phone. I already did a restore but I think there are still extra files from jailbreaking and modding. I'm in 1.1.3 which I jailbroke and now restored. Is there a way that some files might still stay after a restore? I think this because when I go to iTunes there is a large amount of Megabytes used in the "other" part. Any suggestions?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
some of the third party apps change the plist and when you delete these apps the app gets deleted but the plist stays modded from the app. the only way to fix this is to rejailbreak and change the plist files back to normal yourself

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
some of the third party apps change the plist and when you delete these apps the app gets deleted but the plist stays modded from the app. the only way to fix this is to rejailbreak and change the plist files back to normal yourself
Is there a guide I can follow somewhere?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Is there a guide I can follow somewhere?
Please anybody. I tried searching everywhere didn't find anything. I need to delete these files because those files are corrupting my connection to my wireless network and the phone keeps restarting whenever I try to connect to it. This started happening after I modded my phone. I need to delete these files that are left on my phone. Can I jailbreak again and install SSH and delete the files like that. I can't believe a restore won't delete these files but it didn't. Any help appreciated.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i have actually never used SSH. when i need to get into the program files i use ibrickr. if you tell me what the files or programs are that you want to get rid of i might be able to direct you to them

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
That's not what I need. My 1.1.3 is already jailbroken again (I just re-did it) What I need to know is where are this files that I need to delete. I'm using SSH right now but I can't find the files to delete them.
have you solved your problem yet

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
wouldn't the virginize app even work?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
wouldn't the virginize app even work?
im not unlocked so i never researched anything about the virganize app, i know it resotres the baseband and critical info for att but idk if it will restore all the files back to normal. putting hte phone in DFU mode would fix everything but then you would have to go through the whole jailbreak process again which can get tedious

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
restore, and set up your phone as a new phone.

iTunes, when it recovers from backups, it reinserts the plists.

good luck.

-Sam.