Deleted all my wifes text messages by accident. Don't want to restore from back up. What to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Duck1098, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Duck1098

Duck1098 Member
    Bronze

4 years of text memories between me and my wife got wiped by mistake. Is there a third party software or anything that could get all the text messages back without having to restore from a back up I have from few days ago? Reason for not wanting to restore from that back up is because I got married this weekend and there are so many texts from friends and family that I don't want to lose.

2. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Short of restoring, there is no way to get deleted texts back. You might look for a sms backup app and use that now to preserve the new text messages you want to keep. Then restore from backup to get the old ones back. After that's complete you can use the new backup program to restore the new messages and add them back onto your phone.

And congratulations!

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

How did you do this? Does she know? Uh oh? lol And, yes, Congratulations!!! And, good luck!

4. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Most of the solutions I've found via Google are for saving messages to your computer. Getting them back onto a new iPhone is still problematic unless you restore from a backup file.

5. Duck1098

Duck1098 Member
    Bronze

Thank you guys. yes I'm pretty screwed I guess. I forgot to restore last night so the backup on icloud is now gone too now lol. I do have a back up from last week on iTunes. Might just use an old/cheap iPhone to restore to that and keep her messages on that iPhone forever. I don't know..

6. magaretz

magaretz New Member

There are apps that can recover deleted files on iOS device, not sure whether it works or not.

7. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

iExplorer claims it can pull texts from backup files but I coops my figure how to do it. I can see the text strings alright but can't figure got to get them back to my iPhone. Might be worth looking at though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

Congrats on your marriage and quick devorce lol. I have no idea what it is you can do. Congrats on your wedding bro.

#8 Mthoroughbred, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I found a site that says they have software that can retrieve deleted iPhone Text messages. IDK if it's worth a try to you, but it might work. Read up on them before installing anything though.

http://www.imobie.com/support/retrieve-deleted-text-messages-on-iphone-6-plus.htm

A long time ago I accidentally deleted messages between me and a good friend of mine and I really wanted them back but didn't find anything to help me get them back, I might try this.

There are so many things out there. I did a Google search:
    https://www.google.com/#safe=active&q=retrieving+deleted+text+messages+on+iphone+6

Then I found this too but it cost $70!
    https://getsatisfaction.com/apple/topics/3-ways-to-recover-deleted-sms-text-messages-from-iphone-6-plus

Here is another:
    http://www.wondershare.net/ad/dr-fone/text-recovery.html?gclid=CJ2Ekv6p4MgCFYePHwodVvoN1g

All hope might not be lost. (y)

ALSO, CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!:love:

#9 Sharunda, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015