Deleted things i shouldn't have. PLease help.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the_seb

Sep 20, 2007
Hello folks my brother tryied to unlock his i phone and didn't read enought into it. Without following proper instructions he started to delete files on his iPhone i was wondering if there is a way to re-install the original os on his iPhone so i can fix it for him then try to unlock it again.... thanks for your help (and no he didn't make any backups when he started doing this). thanks for your help.

The_Seb

Update:

When i turn on the ihpone, i get the following messege (and i can't do anything) :

Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
Root device is mounted read-only

If you want to make modifications to files :
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
Exit

[date and time] launchd[7] : can;t exec /bin/sh for single user : no such file or directory

And thats it, thank you in advance for all your help.

The_Seb

the_seb

Sep 20, 2007
Hello folks my brother tryied to unlock his i phone and didn't read enought into it. Without following proper instructions he started to delete files on his iPhone i was wondering if there is a way to re-install the original os on his iPhone so i can fix it for him then try to unlock it again.... thanks for your help (and no he didn't make any backups when he started doing this). thanks for your help.

The_Seb

Update:

When i turn on the ihpone, i get the following messege (and i can't do anything) :

Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
Root device is mounted read-only

If you want to make modifications to files :
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
Exit

[date and time] launchd[7] : can;t exec /bin/sh for single user : no such file or directory

And thats it, thank you in advance for all your help.

The_Seb

Also forgot to mension earlier, when i connect my iPhone to the computer it isn't detected by either windows xp or iTunes

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Someone else had a similar experience here and what that individual did was to revert back to (reinstall) iTunes 7.4.1. Give this a try if your iTunes is current. This is, of course if you've already performed the recovery mode. If you haven't, press the home and sleep button for around 30 seconds till the "!" appears, then connect to iTunes.