Deleting 3rd party application. HOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 26, 2007
Hey guys... hope someone help. I got as a gift an iPhone from Hong Kong. It's been unlocked already to be used in Australia. There is a weird application on the homepage to do with chinese character smsing. How can I delete that?

I think it is affecting my the entire iPhone as sometimes chinese scribbles appear in the iPod playlists and also in the settings menu there is a foreign langauge menue (looks german).

HELP

shyn320

Oct 18, 2007
Hey guys... hope someone help. I got as a gift an iPhone from Hong Kong. It's been unlocked already to be used in Australia. There is a weird application on the homepage to do with chinese character smsing. How can I delete that?

I think it is affecting my the entire iPhone as sometimes chinese scribbles appear in the iPod playlists and also in the settings menu there is a foreign langauge menue (looks german).

HELP
do you have installer?is it a 3rd party app through installer if so just go to the installer and click the uninstall tab and uninstall the program

Oct 26, 2007
do you have installer?is it a 3rd party app through installer if so just go to the installer and click the uninstall tab and uninstall the program
It could only be a third party application as it doesn't come with iPhone from Apple and they have not released it yet in HK. I looked in Installer and when you click on the uninstall tab there is nothing there. When you open the application it also does not give you an option to uninstall it :(

shyn320

Oct 18, 2007
It could only be a third party application as it doesn't come with iPhone from Apple and they have not released it yet in HK. I looked in Installer and when you click on the uninstall tab there is nothing there. When you open the application it also does not give you an option to uninstall it :(

i really don't know what else to do maybe someone else can help you sorry

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Thank you... if you know anyone advanced could you please direct them to my thread.

Thanks for trying !
If you are using a Windows computer you can search for and download a program called iBrickr. Once you run it you will have an option for applications. If you select that option it will display an image of a fake phone and will list the installed software. You then have the option to click the minus sign (-) by the program you wish to remove and it will uninstall it for you.

Oct 26, 2007
If you are using a Windows computer you can search for and download a program called iBrickr. Once you run it you will have an option for applications. If you select that option it will display an image of a fake phone and will list the installed software. You then have the option to click the minus sign (-) by the program you wish to remove and it will uninstall it for you.
what if i am using Mac?