Deleting a App. the hard way.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

n0m0n

Nov 25, 2007
Ok I am old, but new at this stuff so please bare with me.
I installed a game called Lights Off (somehow) and now can not seem to figure out how to delete it form my iPhone version 1.0.2.
My iPhone is unlocked and jailbroken...

I thought I either installed it via iBrickr, or the installer but neither will allow me to delete it from the phone.

My question is when I go in and view the contents either with iBrickr, or WinSCP I can see the folder in the Applications folder called LightsOff but don't know if I can delete just hat folder or as in most files installed on a PC/MAC if it wrote to other directories folders.

Can anyone please tell me how to delete it (all contents) and or if this is possible?
What I don't what to do is delete the main app and create orphan files.

Thank you
JW

ChaosAttractor

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I installed a game called Lights Off (somehow) and now can not seem to figure out how to delete it form my iPhone version 1.0.2.

I thought I either installed it via iBrickr, or the installer but neither will allow me to delete it from the phone.

My question is when I go in and view the contents either with iBrickr, or WinSCP I can see the folder in the Applications folder called LightsOff but don't know if I can delete just hat folder or as in most files installed on a PC/MAC if it wrote to other directories folders.

Can anyone please tell me how to delete it (all contents) and or if this is possible?

Thank you
JW
If you installed it using Installer, then run Installer.App. On the bottom of the screen you will see an "Uninstall" button. Click that and you will see a list of all the programs you have installed using Installer.App. Now choose the programs you wish to uninstall.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona

Thank you
JW
I have removed programs using your WinSCP method above (however I use iPhonebrowser instead) without any problems and it appears to remove the entire program. I am sure there are some programs that add other items in other locations but I suspect those will be programs such as SSH and not small utility or games programs like Lights Off.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If you installed it using Installer, then run Installer.App. On the bottom of the screen you will see an "Uninstall" button. Click that and you will see a list of all the programs you have installed using Installer.App. Now choose the programs you wish to uninstall.
He tried to remove them through both ibrickr and Installer but neither would remove the program. I had the same problem on 1.1.1 when I played with iBrickr even though everyone said not to.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
hey all,

im having the same prob.. trying to delete an app but it don't show up in my unistall and for some reason my finder icon is missing.

i downloaded winscp but im having probs logging in..

could someone please help i would appreciate it. i just don't know what to put in the following fields

host name?
user name?
password?
private key files
file protocol?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Are you on a windows machine or a Mac? If your on a Windows machine download a program called iPhoneBrowser. No login required and you can get right into the folders and files.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Are you on a windows machine or a Mac? If your on a Windows machine download a program called iPhoneBrowser. No login required and you can get right into the folders and files.
hey Thanks..

im using Windows..
is winSCP pretty much the same program as iPhoneBrowser?

which is easier to use.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
so i finally got winSCP working..
can someone explain how i go about deleting an application
is it as simple as delting the applications folder?