Deleting all email

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 11, 2007
I just setup Gmail with my iPhone and it said that there were a couple hundred unread messages. I guess it retrieved my archived messages, and not just my inbox, unfortunately. Is there any way I can clear out all of the emails in my phone at once?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I just setup Gmail with my iPhone and it said that there were a couple hundred unread messages. I guess it retrieved my archived messages, and not just my inbox, unfortunately. Is there any way I can clear out all of the emails in my phone at once?
There's no way from your phone but if you use WinSCP or iBrickr from a Windows machine, you can navigate to the folder private/var/root/Library/Mail and then double click your account folder and then inbox. There's your mail, go ahead and delete what you want.

Sep 11, 2007
There's no way from your phone but if you use WinSCP or iBrickr from a Windows machine, you can navigate to the folder private/var/root/Library/Mail and then double click your account folder and then inbox. There's your mail, go ahead and delete what you want.
Thanks! I'll give that a try when I get home. :)

Much appreciated.

bgattis

Sep 10, 2007
Thanks. I find it very irritating to have to delete email's one by one all day long. Now I can just do this 1 time when I get home every day.