Deleting Applications

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I deleted many applications directly from the mobile but when I connected the mobile to the iTunes to backup, I have noticed that the deleted applications have been reinstalled!!!! What is this and how stop that?

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for the feedback!! I don't know why Apple always wants to make our lives difficult?! What I know, delete is delete and if you deleted them accidentally, it is easy to reinstall.....

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Thanks for the feedback!! I don't know why Apple always wants to make our lives difficult?! What I know, delete is delete and if you deleted them accidentally, it is easy to reinstall.....
If you'd like to, when you backup in iTunes you don't have to send the apps to iTunes, BUT this'll mess you up if you restore from backup then of course. It's a thought though.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I like for deleted apps to remain in the purchased list. I don't have to keep them on my screen. But I may decide to use one again. But there's a few I'd like to permanently delete from the purchased list.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I like for deleted apps to remain in the purchased list. I don't have to keep them on my screen. But I may decide to use one again. But there's a few I'd like to permanently delete from the purchased list.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
I've deleted apps and forgot which I had and when I went to repurchase or re-downoad, saw that I had them once before and only had to re-download them from iCloud. (OMG, that was a run-on sentence!)