deleting contacts?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jessapple

Sep 9, 2007
I use gmail and by mistake, typed in gmail.cpm instead of gmail.com when I was sending an email. I cannot find it anywhere to delete it. It's not in my contacts. Can anyone help?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I use gmail and by mistake, typed in gmail.cpm instead of gmail.com when I was sending an email. I cannot find it anywhere to delete it. It's not in my contacts. Can anyone help?
Why would it be in your contacts? You said you typed it! Just send the email again to the right email addy

jessapple

Sep 9, 2007
Thanks, but that's not the issue. As soon as I go to type the friend's name, the bad email address pops into the send box. I would like to eliminate that.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Thanks, but that's not the issue. As soon as I go to type the friend's name, the bad email address pops into the send box. I would like to eliminate that.
OK, it may be a history/cookies/cache issue.
Go to settings>safari> and clear cache, history and cookies. That should do it

jessapple

Sep 9, 2007
That didn't work. I cleared all three in Safari. It doesn't look like it has anything to do with Safari, though. It may just be a gmail issue, but it's never happened with my regular mac gmail.

jessapple

Sep 9, 2007
It probably is a gmail/iPhone problem. There is no place that I can find in the gmail on the iPhone for deleting contacts, so once it's there, it's untouchable. Maybe someone knows where they are stored?

jessapple

Sep 9, 2007
Yes. What happens now is the two addresses appear as soon as I tap in the first few letters. I can choose the correct one, but I would like to be able to delete the incorrect one. I cannot find where the gmail contacts are to do this. It's easy to do it using gmail on the computer but not on the iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
1) Clear the cache.
2) Go into Sent and delete the message
3) Open a new email and type the right address. his should input it into the memory.

Hope this helps.