Deleting email from Gmail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Johnlennon78

Bronze
Dec 25, 2011
Hello guys. Quick question about deleting my gmail emails from my iPhone. Every time i have to delete an email, I have to tap on edit, move and send to trash... Whereas on my hotmail account on my iPhone, I tap edit and automatically on the bottom there is delete. I have included 2 pics in case I wasn't clear. First one is my gmail and 2nd one hotmail. Question is how can I have same option on my gmail account. Thanks!

Attachments

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
It looks like you have archived messages turned on. Go to settings mail contacts calendars and turn archive messages off In your Gmail account and see if that makes a difference.

Johnlennon78

Bronze
Dec 25, 2011
It looks like you have archived messages turned on. Go to settings mail contacts calendars and turn archive messages off In your Gmail account and see if that makes a difference.
Wow you're a genius! It works! That was a quick answer! I had wasted so much time trying to figure this out! Thanks to all!

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I learned that lesson a long time ago. Used to drive me crazy. Good answer! ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Archive messages is on by default in Gmail, so you'll have to remember to turn it off every time you reset your settings or set the mail up for the first time (when not restoring from a backup).