deleting folders and files

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kamil234

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
hey i got the whole tutorial done, i installed super mario 3 rom =D and it works.

but i made a few mistakes like duplicating the bin folder and stuff, and i want to get rid of it but when i try to delete the file it says access denied.

whyyyyy?

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
hey i got the whole tutorial done, i installed super mario 3 rom =D and it works.

but i made a few mistakes like duplicating the bin folder and stuff, and i want to get rid of it but when i try to delete the file it says access denied.

whyyyyy?
just use manzana and right click/delete

kamil234

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
im using winSCP..

ill try out manzana. thanks!
can yo utell me where to get it? lol

EDIT: NVM IM RETARTED! DOWNLOADING NOW.

EDIT2: doesn't seem to work on vista,

Jun 29, 2007
im using winSCP..

ill try out manzana. thanks!
can yo utell me where to get it? lol

EDIT: NVM IM RETARTED! DOWNLOADING NOW.

EDIT2: doesn't seem to work on vista,

i have manzana and it works fine on vista... try restarting your computer and -before- you open manzana, make sure you open up the task manager (alt + ctrl + delete), end the process of iTunes Helper and iTunes. Manzana should now work fine. Oh and make sure your iPhone doesn't AutoSync to iTunes

kamil234

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
i have manzana and it works fine on vista... try restarting your computer and -before- you open manzana, make sure you open up the task manager (alt + ctrl + delete), end the process of iTunes Helper and iTunes. Manzana should now work fine. Oh and make sure your iPhone doesn't AutoSync to iTunes
ok will try right now. *yawn im getting tired its 2 AM*

ill post results in a minute. restarting now.

kamil234

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
maybe im using a wrong build?

can you send me a download link?
EDIT: now it works.

hey you guys never told me it has to be in the phonedmg folder.

*sad* help a newbie out. haha just kidding

NOOOOOOOOOOO......
it deleted the whole application folder for some reason.

back to square 1...

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
ROFL, welcome to my life
i had this happen to me before hahah, its ok, if manzana isn't working right for you use winSCP and you can delete by putting RM and RMDIR from a "binkit" in your /bin folder on the phone and it will delete folders etc... msg me if you don't understand this lol

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
problem

grrr I can't unzip the binkit or the nes emulator..is it cause I'm using vista? Or do I have to download it from a different site. Well I tried modmyiPhone and hacktheiPhone with no luck when I try to add the binkit..I tried doing it without the binkit but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

kamil234

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
grrr I can't unzip the binkit or the nes emulator..is it cause I'm using vista? Or do I have to download it from a different site. Well I tried modmyiPhone and hacktheiPhone with no luck when I try to add the binkit..I tried doing it without the binkit but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
fully remoded. 120 nes games + numberous ringtones. yay.

domi: you need a program called WinRAR to unzip. i'm using vista as well.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
fully remoded. 120 nes games + numberous ringtones. yay.

domi: you need a program called WinRAR to unzip. i'm using vista as well.

awww man I got rid of WinRAR and started using Winzip instead! lol well I'll just download it again and give it a try but we some problems!

1)The gf has my laptop
2)My iPhone screen shattered this morning!:( don't know how it happened but already setup a repair with Apple! will try on the loaner phone though! hahaha well thanks for the help! ill keep you updated