Deleting from iPhone 4

Sep 12, 2015
I've just given my niece my old iPhone 4 but don't know how to delete my AppleID from it so that she can set up her own and not use mine!!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've just given my niece my old iPhone 4 but don't know how to delete my AppleID from it so that she can set up her own and not use mine!!
Open the Settings app on the phone and scroll down to General then select Reset and then Erase All Content and Settings.

This will remove all of your data and information and set it back to the set up screen you get when it's new.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
you must go to settings > erase all settings and contents then log out your accounts
No, it's best to first toggle "find my iPhone" off, sign out of iMessage and Facetime, sign out of iTunes and App Store, then sign out of iCloud. Then Erase all content and settings.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
No, it's best to first toggle "find my iPhone" off, sign out of iMessage and Facetime, sign out of iTunes and App Store, then sign out of iCloud. Then Erase all content and settings.
Agreed. It's always best to log off of everything having to do with iCloud, iTunes and Find My iPhone before wiping out the phone.