Deleting mail on iPhone sends it to local black hole?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Atheismo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Atheismo

Atheismo New Member

I have an iPhone 4 and there's an issue I've had for a long time that has constantly irritated me but I've never cared enough to make a thread about it, but now it has lost me important information.

When I delete an e-mail using the iPhone Mail app (the one that comes with the phone), the deleted e-mail just seems to disappear and I can't find it anywhere. At first I thought maybe it was a bug with the phone itself and it just wasn't correctly displaying my trash folder, but then I logged onto my e-mail using my computer and the e-mails are still nowhere to be found.

Does anyone know where deleted e-mails go when you delete them using the iPhone?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

What server are you using? Yahoo gmail what?
    I know that if you delete emails from the iPhone through yahoo when you log into yahoo on the pc they are deleted from there also.
    I also know with yahoo that on my phone things don't stay in the trash very long. I looked and couldn't find a setting for that on the iPhone. May be a yahoo setting.

3. Atheismo

Atheismo New Member

4. GAO

GAO Member
    Bronze

Go to Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your mail account, then select Account, then Advanced. There you select Remove and select one of the options available.

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

None of the options are immediately so this can't be the ops problem. Lowest setting is a day.

6. larsdennert

larsdennert New Member

The same happens on Android phones. I couldn't figure out why deleted gmail didn't go to the deleted folder. It was permanently gone. The Gmail app has an Archive button (on Android) maybe there is a Gmail app for iPhone.

7. Rbakfan

Rbakfan Member
    Bronze

If you remember the subject line or sender, go to the main search screen. That is the one left of your main home screen. Type it in and scroll down the results. I've recovered lost emails this way before.