Deleting old email addresses

Jan 11, 2008
How can I remove old email addresses that show up when I go to compose and email? The addresses are ones for people that are not in my contacts list and not on my gmail contacts list. These are emails that I had sent to random people in the past but for whom I no longer communicate.

I think everyone can read between the lines on this one. Is restoring your phone the only solution? When the phone is restored, do you lose all of your photos/contacts/music/videos?

There's got be a way to do this.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
How can I remove old email addresses that show up when I go to compose and email? The addresses are ones for people that are not in my contacts list and not on my gmail contacts list. These are emails that I had sent to random people in the past but for whom I no longer communicate.

I think everyone can read between the lines on this one. Is restoring your phone the only solution? When the phone is restored, do you lose all of your photos/contacts/music/videos?

There's got be a way to do this.
Restoring does not remove contacts.

If you want to delete contacts, go to the phone/contacts and hit edit, then red circle with horiz line shows up then click the ones you want to delete.

Also you may have to go into your contacts in the computer and do the same.

Jan 11, 2008
Restoring does not remove contacts.

If you want to delete contacts, go to the phone/contacts and hit edit, then red circle with horiz line shows up then click the ones you want to delete.

Also you may have to go into your contacts in the computer and do the same.
Will restoring delete anything? I guess the thing I would hate to lose would be my photos

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Will restoring delete anything? I guess the thing I would hate to lose would be my photos

If you restore you will not lose anything on your phone. But the only thing is you will have to re-enter your passowords for email, and password for wifi.

Before you restore make sure to sync your phone first.

Jan 11, 2008
If you restore you will not lose anything on your phone. But the only thing is you will have to re-enter your passowords for email, and password for wifi.
So do I restore using iTunes? Is that the only way? Anything I should be worried about/look out for?

Thanks for all your help.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So do I restore using iTunes? Is that the only way? Anything I should be worried about/look out for?

Thanks for all your help.

Dock your phone in iTunes, then go to the summary panel and hit the restore button.

You do not have anything to worry about, everyone does this everyday.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona

Before you restore make sure to sync your phone first.
Do you retain the images you took using the camera on the phone when you restore? I thought it only kept the ones that you synced through iTunes.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The photos I take with the camera don't sync on mine. I have to manually copy those off through "My Computer". Only the ones that I have in my photo's folder on my PC copy back and forth when I sync. If you take pictures on the phone and then sync with your PC does it copy those to your desktop? If so then mine is broken.