Deleting Parts of Texting Conversations.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
I thought iOS 8.1 would take care of this but obviously not. Anyone else experiencing this? When you hold your finger on a text it should give you the options it should give you are, copy and more. Once you choose more, usually you can delete the whole conversation. Some conversations give you those options while holding your finger on it and some won't. What's the deal?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I thought iOS 8.1 would take care of this but obviously not. Anyone else experiencing this? When you hold your finger on a text it should give you the options it should give you are, copy and more. Once you choose more, usually you can delete the whole conversation. Some conversations give you those options while holding your finger on it and some won't. What's the deal?
I have the option to delete messages in the text. So what I did was long press on the text, I get an option for "More" and then I can select which messages I want to delete. If I want to delete the entire conversation, on the screen with all my messages, I swipe to the left to reveal a delete button and press it to delete the message.

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
I have the option to delete messages in the text. So what I did was long press on the text, I get an option for "More" and then I can select which messages I want to delete. If I want to delete the entire conversation, on the screen with all my messages, I swipe to the left to reveal a delete button and press it to delete the message.
I don't want to delete the person I'm texting with, just the texts we shared. I'm just wondering why the finger press only works sometimes. About half the time it doesn't work.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can swipe to the left and press delete or double-tap a text, select more, press delete all and then delete conversation. Neither of these will delete a contact from your phone - it just deletes the conversation. If you only want to delete a few of the texts, tap on a text, press more, select the texts and then delete.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I don't want to delete the person I'm texting with, just the texts we shared. I'm just wondering why the finger press only works sometimes. About half the time it doesn't work.
I think I know what you are talking about as it was happening to me. I couldn't delete certain messages within a text. I would hold the message down and click more and when I checked one of the messages I could only delete the entire message. It did that a few times but now it's back to normal

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
Lol, I feel like I'm confusing a lot of you. For example, say I get a naughty pic sent to me, and don't want my kids to see it later. Usually you can hold your finger on what every part of your conversation you want, in this case it would be the pic, and when the more option pops up, you can delete just the pic, and keep the rest of the conversation. As far as the double tap goes, it's the same, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I never experienced the problem before ios8.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Lol, I feel like I'm confusing a lot of you. For example, say I get a naughty pic sent to me, and don't want my kids to see it later. Usually you can hold your finger on what every part of your conversation you want, in this case it would be the pic, and when the more option pops up, you can delete just the pic, and keep the rest of the conversation. As far as the double tap goes, it's the same, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I never experienced the problem before ios8.
I've had issues with that since iOS 8. If it doesn't work on one bubble or photo, I move on to another. I eventually find one that brings up the "more" option.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
Thanks guys. Yeah I bubble jump too until I find one that gives me the more option. Sometimes none of them work though. Oh well, just have to wait for a bug fix in a future update. Thanks again.