Deleting Photos on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mickeylittle, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

How can I delete photos? I only see the trash can in the Camara Roll folder.
    Thanks

2. iphun

iphun Zealot
    Gold

Just tap the trash can when you are looking at a photo you don't want. But if you mean multiple photos, go into photos> camera roll and when you see all the pictures look in the bottom left hand corner for a box with an arrow coming out of it, tap it and you can now select multiple photos and your options will now be at the bottom to share, copy or delete. The photos will be checked off so you know which ones you selected.

3. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

If they are "sync'd" pics you need to remove them from the folder yu are syncing and resync, you cannot delete sync'd photos off the phone itself.

4. debest74

debest74 Member
    Bronze

I didn't notice that i could delete multiple pictures or copy them. Thanks
    :laugh2:

5. Johncccc

Johncccc New Member

Hi, i recently got the iPhone 3G, a friend done all the setting up for me and when they did they put some photos on and saved them in "memory". I want to delete these photos but i cant see any way of doing this. I connected my iPhone to my computer and for some reason when i go into the iPhone drive the photos saved in "memory" do not appear, the only pics that do appear are ones i actually took.
    This is all probably basic stuff but i'm an idiot when it comes to technology and i'm getting frustated with this phone.
    I'm not in contact with the person who set up the phone so the only option i see is to reset the phone but if i do this i'll probably loose all my applications which would be a desaster. So if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

6. SirDVV

SirDVV Member
    Bronze

It's not difficult, it's just because you're not used to iTunes.
    connect your iPhone and open iTunes. In the left side you have got a tool bar, were you should see your iPhone, clic on it and you'll see different optiones, there is where you set everything.
    there are tabs, (music, films, photos/images) clich the one which says "photos" or "images" (im spanish and my iTunes is not in english, I don't know which is the exact word they use for it in English version of iTunes)
    there you can select which pics you want to have in your iPhone.
    It will sync the ones are selected, or in the selected files. just turn off the selection or tell it not to sync pics and it'll be done.
    I hope I helped you.
    Sorry for my english.
    good luck!

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That is correct, but just to simplify the directions go to,

iTunes > Your iPhone > Photos tab > Sync photos from > Folders > Remove the check mark next to the folder > Sync.

8. Johncccc

Johncccc New Member

Muchas gracias! I'm Irish so i don't speak much spanish, 2 of my housemates were fom Alicante i love Spain! Thanks very much for your help i was completely lost, that was a big help to me.
    Hasta luego amigo!

9. SirDVV

SirDVV Member
    Bronze

Always happy to help---> Encantado de haberte ayudado ;)

10. Michellis

Michellis New Member

This should be simple but I can't fathom it:
    On my iPhone I open the 'photos app (The one with the sunflower). It says Photo Albums on the top. The next line is Camera Roll and that is empty. Then I have: Photo Library (6)
    Last 12 months (6)
    Last import (4)
    Untitled album (1)

When I go into any of these folders I get the photo displayed and the option to either Email, MMS, Assign to Contact and Use as Wallpaper. There is no Delete button.
    My question is How do I completely delete these photos....?

11. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Those folders are synced when you connect to iTunes. You have to deselect them under your device settings there once connected. You cannot delete synced photos directly from the phone. I know, it's silly.

12. Michellis

Michellis New Member

How very strange, but I've done it! I'd never have got there myself, this forum is brilliant. Thanks.:)

13. Qais Albaghli

Qais Albaghli New Member

Hello, how can I delet photos from iPhone photo album ( not taken by camera)

14. brengla

brengla New Member

You can't. They have to be deleted on the computer and then you need to re-sync the device, sorry!

15. Qais Albaghli

Qais Albaghli New Member

Thanks Brengla

16. Qais Albaghli

Qais Albaghli New Member

Thanks Brengla

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I wish it was different sometimes, it would just be handy. It would be even better if you could delete them off, then when you sync the phone, the phone tells the computer that the pictures removed an un-checks it so it's removed from future syncs.

Do you understand what I mean?

18. brengla

brengla New Member

Absolutely. Some more on phone editing wouldn't go amiss!

19. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm going to email Steve Jobs and tell him to sort his **** out! ;)

20. Paul6car

Paul6car New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and I have a question which despite a lot of searching I cannot solve.
    My daughter has abandoned her original iPhone with iOS 3.1.3 on it and given it to me.
    I have taken a number of photos with the phone and can delete them with no trouble.
    However I used iTunes to load some other photos on it and I find I cannot delete them without restoring the phone to its original condition which means I loose the lot.
    Am I missing a trick or is there a simple way to do this?