Deleting pictures

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Mommy, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Does anyone know how to delete pictures from the library on the MacBook Air??? It keeps making duplicates every time I plug in my phone or iPod. Every time I have to delete like 3 of the same picture. Please tell me there's a short cut other than deleting each one separately. The is no button to select certain ones like on the iPod and iPhone. Thanks!!

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

If all the photos you wish to delete are adjacent to one other:
    Hold down the mouse button at the upper left-hand corner of the block of photos you want to delete. Then move the mouse diagonally to "draw" a rectangle around the entire block of photos. Release the mouse button. All the photos inside of the rectangle you just "drew" will be selected. Press the delete/backspace key OR right-click anywhere inside the rectangle, and click on "Delete Photos". You will get a confirmation window telling you how many photos you've selected, and confirming that you want to delete them.

If not (i.e. there are some photos you wish to keep and some you wish to delete):
    Hold down the Apple (Command) key. Click on each photo you want to delete. Only the photos you click on will be selected. After you've selected all of the photos you want to delete, release the Apple (Command) key and press the delete/backspace key OR right-click on any of the selected photos, and click on "Delete Photos". You will get a confirmation window telling you how many photos you've selected, and confirming that you want to delete them.

Note that when you plug in your iPhone or iPod, if you want to import the photos into your Photos library one final time and remove them from your phone so they will not continue to be imported and create duplicates, there's a checkbox you can click on that says something like "Remove pictures from iPhone after importing?" (I don't recall the exact wording). Check that box. They will be imported one final time and immediately removed from the phone.

3. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

OH thank you soo much!! I've been going crazy! I'll try that!!