deleting "Stocks" icon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 20, 2007
IS there a way a novice computer person can delete a stock icon like "Stocks" and "Utube" from my screen? I would like to replace it with other programs from installer. I have so much fun with my iPhone!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
IS there a way a novice computer person can delete a stock icon like "Stocks" and "Utube" from my screen? I would like to replace it with other programs from installer. I have so much fun with my iPhone!
the easiest way would be to download "rSBT" from the installer. With this you can switch around the order of the icons and "hide" any you don't want.

It's pretty user-friendly.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
the easiest way would be to download "rSBT" from the installer. With this you can switch around the order of the icons and "hide" any you don't want.

It's pretty user-friendly.
yeah, that's the way to do it...funny, i hid stocks and youtube myself. isn't it interesting that only two widgets were initially released, and one of them, stocks, is something that i would assume the average person doesn't have any of and could care less about widget-wise.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
yeah, that's the way to do it...funny, i hid stocks and youtube myself. isn't it interesting that only two widgets were initially released, and one of them, stocks, is something that i would assume the average person doesn't have any of and could care less about widget-wise.
Yeah, I don't use stocks either. I think Apple put it on there to appeal more to the businesss type people. Funny, what would have really appealed to the businesss type people would be a businesss discount which is available to anyone who doesn't own an iPhone. Thanks Apple. It's for lame money hungry reasons like this that I switched to T-Mobile.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Now that you mention it, I don't use YouTube either... I think I've been so conditioned to seeing it in the media blitz that i'm blind to the YouTube icon now. Time to make it really disappear.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Dude... stocks is great. Lets me keep an eye out on things. Check out BIDU and your eyes will bulge. Switch to the 1 year view. YEAH. 300%. That's crazy, yo.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Newbie here. What are the steps to download "rSBT"? Thanks.
Open apptap and scroll down to the utilities. You will find it down there. I just installed it myself and now will try to figure out how it works. That for some reason does not seem to straight forward.

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Newbie here. What are the steps to download "rSBT"? Thanks.
Is your phone modded?

If not, you need to determine if you are running 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 firmware. If you are running 1.1.1 you need to downgrade to 1.0.2. Then go google "apptapp" and download the installer you need. Follow those instructions and install that. After that you should now have an icon on your springboard called installer. Open that and install the public sources. Then go find rSBT and install that. You will now have another icon on your springboard for rSBT. Open that and hide whatever icons you want.

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Open apptap and scroll down to the utilities. You will find it down there. I just installed it myself and now will try to figure out how it works. That for some reason does not seem to straight forward.
Tap on the icon you want to move. You should see on the right of the highlighted area that 3 bars will appear. Tap again and hold and you can now move it wherever you would like. If you want the icon gone move it to hidden.

ray00136

Oct 28, 2007
help please

Is your phone modded?

If not, you need to determine if you are running 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 firmware. If you are running 1.1.1 you need to downgrade to 1.0.2. Then go google "apptapp" and download the installer you need. Follow those instructions and install that. After that you should now have an icon on your springboard called installer. Open that and install the public sources. Then go find rSBT and install that. You will now have another icon on your springboard for rSBT. Open that and hide whatever icons you want.
i installed rSBt and chose to have 16 applications on the home screen but now i have added more applications and having done that i have lost rSBT and the installer. im using an unlocked 1.0.2 firmware. what shall i do to get them back

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i installed rSBt and chose to have 16 applications on the home screen but now i have added more applications and having done that i have lost rSBT and the installer. im using an unlocked 1.0.2 firmware. what shall i do to get them back
you should be able to scroll (tap and drag) your icons up. Your rsbt and installer are probably just below the screen.

levin2k

Nov 24, 2007
Hello, did you get this sorted out? I have the same problem... i added a few apps and my installer has disappeared. And when im using ibrickr, the ringtones, sounds, files functions work but it doesn't detect any of the applications i have installed (I was trying to delete some apps to get my installer back on the screen). So because the ibrickr application function doesn work i cant installed the scroll app either!

Can someone help? i just wnt to get my installer back on the screen since it allows me to delete unwanted apps.

Thanks!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I use Stocks all the time. Stocks are basically my entire income. I watch the markets constantly.

As for YouTube, I don't use it much either. It's kind of poorly put together. No comments, no ratings, you can't log in, anything.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I surmise that you don't have shares in my company !
Hmm... I guess not.

My big money maker is Schlumberger Limited, an oil company one of neighbors works for. Then are Google, Apple, Amazon, Sony, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Ford, and some other smaller companies.

- John