Deleting things

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

robbyc26

Oct 14, 2007
How can you delete emails all at once rather than individually in the edit mode and THEN have to go to the trash and delete them all AGAIN!

Also, how can you delete a contact in your recent or missed calls prompt. it seems to only allow you to delete the entire list of calls. For example, I don't want the wife to know the "johnny smith" called when she looks at my phone. So I only want to delete Johnny Smith rather than every call/caller?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah you've found some of the flaws with the iPhone. The e-mail part really doesn't bother me but it would be nice to be able to delete one recent call at a time as opposed to all at once.

iphoneFL

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Another vote for being able to empty the deleted email folder all at once. Having to individually delete each email TWICE is just plain dumb. Come on Apple...it is so obvious...get it fixed!

(love my iPhone though, even with its little flaws:))

iphoneFL

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Maybe he has an assistant whose only job is to delete emails..

Either that or he is still using a Blackberry.....:eek:

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Another thing that I wish they would add is the ability to delete images. I may be in a hurry after a vacation and upload a batch of pictures then when I am out and have time I will go through them on the phone. I cant delete them from the phone though, I have to write down which ones I want to delete and then go home and delete them and resync. Does anyone know if there are any add on programs that allow file deletions?

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Another vote for being able to empty the deleted email folder all at once. Having to individually delete each email TWICE is just plain dumb. Come on Apple...it is so obvious...get it fixed!

(love my iPhone though, even with its little flaws:))
YOU CAN MASS DELETE - sort of...

While you do have to delete each message individually from your inbox, you CAN set it so that the "Trash" folder empties itself daily. Go into Settings, Mail, and then each account that you have individually. Then scroll to the bottom of that screen to the Advanced button. In there it will be obvious how to configure it.

That, along with the "right swipe shortcut" makes the whole email delete process at least tolerable.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Another thing that I wish they would add is the ability to delete images. I may be in a hurry after a vacation and upload a batch of pictures then when I am out and have time I will go through them on the phone. I cant delete them from the phone though, I have to write down which ones I want to delete and then go home and delete them and resync. Does anyone know if there are any add on programs that allow file deletions?
There are NO add on programs of any sort.

I haven't tried this, but can you upload the photos into the "camera roll" folder? You can delete from that one. It's only the "iPhone Photos" folder that lacks the delete button...