Deleting Your Phone # From The Phone

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
I'm looking to delete my phone number from an iPhone. Is there a way to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Is this because you want to sell the phone? If so just sell it with out the sim card.

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
ya it is...but do i need to list it without a sim card?

how much are blank sim cards/

Thanks

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.

Thanks
Look and see what others are saying about the sim. I think I would list as w/o sim. You don't need to worry about a blank sim. Buyer will have one.
Also if you are on 2.0, go to settings-general-reset. You will see "Erase All Content and Settings". Be sure to do this. It will take about an hour.
Just some unsolicited info. Be willing to sell international and you will likely get more. Good Luck.

Jul 14, 2008

Thanks
Don't waste time getting a new sim. Sell it without but mention in the ad that there is no sim. I've sold two iPhones this way.

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
Don't waste time getting a new sim. Sell it without but mention in the ad that there is no sim. I've sold two iPhones this way.

so i didn't mention it in the ad....is there a way to delete the #? or will it all work out okay? please help

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
so i didn't mention it in the ad....is there a way to delete the #? or will it all work out okay? please help
Not sure what you mean, but your phone # is on the sim so don't ship with sim and you will be OK.

Jul 14, 2008
If your phone number is still showing without a sim in the iPhone, restore the iPhone without a sim being in there and the phone number will no longer show up.

I had to do the same when I sold one of mine. The phone number was still displaying even without a sim so I just restored the phone without a sim and that fixed the problem.