Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Designated Survivor[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]War & Politics[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-09-21[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]David Guggenheim[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kiefer Sutherland[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Natascha McElhone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maggie Q[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kal Penn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adan Canto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Italia Ricci[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]LaMonica Garrett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tanner Buchanan[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Tom Kirkman, a low-level cabinet member is suddenly appointed President of the United States after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Saturday afternoon, there was absolutely no College Football worth watching for awhile, so I started doing some bumping around on my Apple TV. Came across this one, and was instantly hooked. It's five episodes in so far. I watched the first 2.

Anyone else checked this one out yet? Wednesday evenings on ABC.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
You will definitely like it. I've been hooked since the first episode and it has continued to to get better with each one.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm watching it. Pretty good. I wanted Jack back, but this will do.

I think it's about to take a House of Cards turn.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The ABC political drama Designated Survivor is right up my alley. I stumbled upon it while fooling around with the new TV app in iOS 10.2 along with the ABC app. I’ve binge-watched all available episodes and am anxiously awaiting what will follow.

The show stars Kiefer Sutherland, of 24 fame, which earned him an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and two Satellite Awards, and Kal Penn of Harold & Kumar fame. Both are beloved actors of mine and I’m thoroughly enjoying their respective performances on this show.

Last edited:

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I just found out that the next episode will not be broadcast until March 8, 2017 with nothing concrete announced beyond that yet.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I just found out that the next episode will not be broadcast until March 8, 2017 with nothing concrete announced beyond that yet.
Just learned that, myself. Very disappointing to have such a long wait ahead.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Yah, ain't it though. First ABC dumps Castle now this.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm not sure if you caught it, but I was being sarcastic. Game of Thrones viewers have to wait until at least June or July instead of the normal April.
Yeah, I caught it. I was poking fun as well. I'm not so happy about GoT being so far off. I'm jonesing for a new episode.