Desired Phone numbers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007

Wondering what are the chances and how to go about getting either a specific phone number or at least choosing amongst available phone numbers for one desirable, rather than just taking whatever is given when activating or purchasing? Anybody ever do this, go for a specific number or find a way to choose a number of your own?

Thanks!

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
When i purchased my blackberry I was able to choose from a list of available phone numbers in my chosen area code. I'd imagine that to do this, however, you'll have to go to a store and activate there. I don't know that the iTunes software will be able to do this.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007

Wondering what are the chances and how to go about getting either a specific phone number or at least choosing amongst available phone numbers for one desirable, rather than just taking whatever is given when activating or purchasing? Anybody ever do this, go for a specific number or find a way to choose a number of your own?

Thanks!
I asked them about this because i wanted ***4iPhone and they said it was not possible to allow me to pick a number.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
I imagine that there will be a provision for this for those who don't have computers or internet access. I doubt they just won't be able to purchase a phone.
You could definitely create an AppleID, set up an iTunes account, and activate the phone useing one of the computers in the Apple store if you had to. I suppose the same could be donw at an AT&T store as well. Do AT&T stores have Inet access?

- SR