Desktop application organization program?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I did a search of the forums and did not come up with anything. I am up to 6 tabs now full of apps and I decided it was time to organize each tab in a logical format. Right now that means making one spot on each tab open for app movement then moving them from tab to tab till it is like you want it.

There has to be a better way. Is there some kind of desktop program that will let you see all your tabs at once or something so you can move apps around freely to make life simple? Right now it is a pain in the ass. Any advice or ID of an application would be wonderful!

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
If you have just 3 apps on your dock you can use the space as a place to hold the app you want to move while you flick pages!

Still a PITA though.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Good point, I think I will do that and slow down on the downloads of apps. I tend to download a lot of ones that are super cheap or free. Maybe your suggestion with a slow down will do the trick... for now.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
the app 'categories' in cydia is very useful to free up desktop space. i have probably 60-70 apps installed but only 2 pages of apps showing up

blumoonz

Nov 12, 2008
hi am new around here.:)

have installed Categories on my 2g iPhone on fw2.1, but am unable to have my 6th folder appear, although i managed to add it inside the app. have tried respringing and rebooting with no effect.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
did you maybe make that category inside another category, maybe you made a games category and a misc. category and you put the misc. folder inside the games folder. or did you name the category the same thing as something that already exists on your springboard?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
the app 'categories' in cydia is very useful to free up desktop space. i have probably 60-70 apps installed but only 2 pages of apps showing up
I tried Categories but it makes the icons inside each category very ugly, some are square, some have rounded edges with white tips, some are normal, it's erratic and annoying. I wish there was a cleaner version.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I did a search of the forums and did not come up with anything. I am up to 6 tabs now full of apps and I decided it was time to organize each tab in a logical format. Right now that means making one spot on each tab open for app movement then moving them from tab to tab till it is like you want it.

There has to be a better way. Is there some kind of desktop program that will let you see all your tabs at once or something so you can move apps around freely to make life simple? Right now it is a pain in the ass. Any advice or ID of an application would be wonderful!
Categories, on Cydia. Lets you put icons/apps in folders. Very cool app.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
I tried Categories but it makes the icons inside each category very ugly, some are square, some have rounded edges with white tips, some are normal, it's erratic and annoying. I wish there was a cleaner version.
but why does it matter what they look like. the only time you are gonna see them is when you open up that folder, and you're only gonna open up that folder when you actually need to access that app, so you will on see those icons for a very brief period of time.

blumoonz

Nov 12, 2008
did you maybe make that category inside another category, maybe you made a games category and a misc. category and you put the misc. folder inside the games folder. or did you name the category the same thing as something that already exists on your springboard?
thanks for the feedback, but found what the problem was. apparently it didn't like the name "Cam and Videos" i assigned to the folder. the folder showed after i renamed it to "Photos and Videos".

an excellent app.:cool:

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
thats odd. at first i though it might have been because cam and videos is too long or because it has spaces in it. guess not if photos and video worked. well atleast u got it working and you like it

blumoonz

Nov 12, 2008
looks like there are still some bugs, hope they get resolved in the next release.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Looks like it is time for me to jailbreak my phone and stop this stock thing! There appear to be too many things you miss out on by not jailbreaking.