Desktop notes applications

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DEP143

Dec 23, 2008
Hello everyone. I am desperately on the search for a Notes or Memos application that can be edited, created, copied etc on the desktop and then sync to iPhone. I have had no luck at all. Everything I have found only functions on the device. I need to be able to copy hundreds of notes and memos from my old Palm Treo Desktop program and get them into the iPhone. Any ideas?

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I came over from Treo a while back and have not been able to find anything to do what you want. You could probably export them from Palm using vcal but how would you import them into your iPhone is the question.

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
I use Evernote.

You might also want to look at Soonr. Let's you put files into a cloud that you can access from your iPhone and share with others. It seems to take a few minutes to be able to fully access the files on iPhone after syncing though.

Nov 8, 2008
I use Evernote.

You might also want to look at Soonr. Let's you put files into a cloud that you can access from your iPhone and share with others. It seems to take a few minutes to be able to fully access the files on iPhone after syncing though.
I've been using SugarSync for nearly a year now. I'll take a look at Soonr, but see no advantages over SugarSync?

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
I've been using SugarSync for nearly a year now. I'll take a look at Soonr, but see no advantages over SugarSync?
I am not familiar with SugarSync. The only advantage I could see from a quick glance is that I think Soonr has a free plan. It's a limited amount of space though, can't remember how much. I want to say 500MB?

stux_31

Mar 28, 2013
Hi, I take notes on my computer during lectures when in class. I want to transfer my class notes to my ipad so i can access to them on all my iOS devices (i have iPhone 5 and ipod touch 4) is that possible? I take notes in word in plain text format (no pictures or advanced formatting). Is what I am envisioning doable?

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
Hi, I take notes on my computer during lectures when in class. I want to transfer my class notes to my ipad so i can access to them on all my iOS devices (i have iPhone 5 and ipod touch 4) is that possible? I take notes in word in plain text format (no pictures or advanced formatting). Is what I am envisioning doable?
Anything is possible. QuickOffice will allow you to open and edit your Word documents. If all you want to do is view them on your iPad, then use something like Dropbox.