Desktop notes applications

Discussion in 'Windows PC and iPhone' started by DEP143, Dec 23, 2008.

1. DEP143

DEP143 New Member

Hello everyone. I am desperately on the search for a Notes or Memos application that can be edited, created, copied etc on the desktop and then sync to iPhone. I have had no luck at all. Everything I have found only functions on the device. I need to be able to copy hundreds of notes and memos from my old Palm Treo Desktop program and get them into the iPhone. Any ideas?

2. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I came over from Treo a while back and have not been able to find anything to do what you want. You could probably export them from Palm using vcal but how would you import them into your iPhone is the question.

3. bubblehead624

bubblehead624 New Member

What is it?

What is "this"?

4. inundated

inundated Member

Try www.evernote.com

I use it on my Mac, iPod Touch and PC. They are all in sync.

5. meems

meems New Member
    Bronze

I use Evernote.

You might also want to look at Soonr. Let's you put files into a cloud that you can access from your iPhone and share with others. It seems to take a few minutes to be able to fully access the files on iPhone after syncing though.

6. inundated

inundated Member

I've been using SugarSync for nearly a year now. I'll take a look at Soonr, but see no advantages over SugarSync?

7. meems

meems New Member
    Bronze

I am not familiar with SugarSync. The only advantage I could see from a quick glance is that I think Soonr has a free plan. It's a limited amount of space though, can't remember how much. I want to say 500MB?

8. txt007

txt007 New Member

9. drumthrasher109

drumthrasher109 New Member
    Bronze

Dude! I really wish I knew what app that was!

#9 drumthrasher109, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  10. stux_31

stux_31 New Member

Hi, I take notes on my computer during lectures when in class. I want to transfer my class notes to my ipad so i can access to them on all my iOS devices (i have iPhone 5 and ipod touch 4) is that possible? I take notes in word in plain text format (no pictures or advanced formatting). Is what I am envisioning doable?

11. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

Anything is possible. QuickOffice will allow you to open and edit your Word documents. If all you want to do is view them on your iPad, then use something like Dropbox.