Desperate for help with 1.1.2

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
Hiya guys.
I tried to jailbreak my phone to 1,1,2 today.
I followed the tutorial to the letter but when i hit the Jailbreak button i get a message saying my phone isn't connected.
My phone is now in Emergency calls only & i have no firmware.
The guy who wrote the turorial says i have to send it to him & pay to have it fixed!
I live in Cyprus for crying out loud, there'll be a new iPhone out by the time i get it back.
Can anyone please help me. I need this to keep intouch with family & friends as i'm in the forces based abroad & it's my point of contact & has all my contact info on it.
Thanks in advance.
Rob

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hiya guys.
I tried to jailbreak my phone to 1,1,2 today.
I followed the tutorial to the letter but when i hit the Jailbreak button i get a message saying my phone isn't connected.
My phone is now in Emergency calls only & i have no firmware.
The guy who wrote the turorial says i have to send it to him & pay to have it fixed!
I live in Cyprus for crying out loud, there'll be a new iPhone out by the time i get it back.
Can anyone please help me. I need this to keep intouch with family & friends as i'm in the forces based abroad & it's my point of contact & has all my contact info on it.
Thanks in advance.
Rob

What How To are you using? and what iTunes? Are you Mac or PC?

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
What How To are you using? and what iTunes? Are you Mac or PC?
I have iTunes 7.6 i think. It said i didn't need to update when i tried today.
i also have Windows Vista Home. PC

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
what are your intentions?

you are trying to unlock? considering you live in Cyprus?

or just to jailbreak?

fyi, jailbreak = 3rd party software, while unlocking = use with other sim not AT&T.

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
It was already unlocked & Jailbroken. I was trying to upgrade to 1.1.2 using hackthatphone tutorial & now i'm locked out.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
ah.

what is the first five digits of your serial number?

you may be in luck. I did this exact process with my friends phone just yesterday.

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
I don't know as i can't get into the phone but i didn't need to do the 1st part of the tutorial which meant it wasn't one of those numbers.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
YOU ARE INCREDIBLY LUCKY.

congratulations.

now, onwards.

you're going to need internet access for this (serious Internet access - at least 200mb will be downloaded) and wifi.

I will need to help you over aim or something, because it is a rather complex process, and you will need some files that I will give you.

but is it alright if we do this tomorrow, rather than today? I can do it at around noon EST, which cant be very late in Cyprus. but basically the outline of what needs to be done is this -
you downgrade to 1.1.1,
run iphuc to boot iPhone,(with some commands)
jailbreak with wifi method,
unlock with anySIM 1.1

you will be done.

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
Hiya.
Sorry i didn't answer. We had a storm & my modem was japped.
My phone is currently completely locked out. I dailled in *#307# & 0 and my menu came up for a second then went back to the emergancy page.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
in fact I wrote a tutorial on this like 2.5 hours ago.

unfortunately I am on my phone, so I cannot post a link.

here is what you can do though.

click on my name (themanofthedark) it should show options like show public profile, etc. etc, click show public profile, then, click on view threads started by me and find the tutorial. make sure you click the more recent one, because the other does not apply to you at all.

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
Thanks for the info but this doesn't work with my phone. Firstly when i received it it was already jailbroken & unlocked to 1.1.1 Secondly i've already gone through most of the steps to upgrade it to 1.1.2 & it's only on the final step when i press the jailbreak button that all the error messages come up & it says there's no connection to my phone.
I tried daillig *#301# anyway & after working on something nothing actually happened. I have managed to get my menu screen up after dailing 0 but only for a second.