Dev blog updated. 4.3.1 jailbreak link released

partizan

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Milton, Ontario
The iPhone Dev Team just released redsn0w 0.9.6rc10 (it's now 0.9.6rc11), an update for both Mac and Windows. This new version brings the ability for boot animations, and removes some settings. You can just run this latest version of redsn0w over your existing jailbreak (just unselect the ‘Install Cydia’ option).

partizan

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Milton, Ontario
From the blog: (I haven't ran the new version yet): Those running redsn0w may have noticed we enabled too many Settings options in some versions of the jailbreak (for instance, what you want your side switch to do, even if you have no side switch because you’re not using an iPad). Release rc11 of redsn0w corrects that (you can just run it over your existing jailbreak…be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Has anybody else noticed if respringing is any faster with 4.3.1? In 4.2.1 my iPhone took over a minute, now it's less than 15 seconds.
Repringing is quick. Ive noticed it to be a lot quicker - quicker to respond after an unlock too.

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem redsn0w kept on crashing for me on Windows 7. I ended up having to run the 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' option when right-clicking the redsn0w executable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Running it that way worked perfectly for me on Win 7.

Craig
Thanks for the heads up Craig! I had the same problem with redsn0w constantly crashing halfway through. This fixed it!

partizan

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Milton, Ontario
Well, I figured I would go ahead and try it and it worked fine.
Did all your Cydia Settings stay intact (Fonts/Themes, etc), and did you have to go through a brand new iTunes sync all over again. Mine took forever, as I needed to sync around 23GB of data. Thank You.

Jan 18, 2011
South East USA
www.prazim.com
It kept all of my Cydia stuff. I didn't even open iTunes, All I had to do was run Redsn0w and put the phone in DFU mode. It was done in under 3 minutes.

partizan

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Milton, Ontario
The iPhone Dev Team just released redsn0w 0.9.6rc10 (it's now 0.9.6rc11), an update for both Mac and Windows. This new version brings the ability for boot animations, and removes some settings. You can just run this latest version of redsn0w over your existing jailbreak (just unselect the ‘Install Cydia’ option).
I just ran redsn0w 0.9.6r rc11, but the boot logos are not working for me. Anyone else tried the logos?