Dev team to open free unlock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spdmbls

Dec 1, 2007
In my opinion i think all phones should be unlocked for we could use the best provider that suits us. What do guys think ?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
In my opinion i think all phones should be unlocked for we could use the best provider that suits us. What do guys think ?
Absolutely - I'd be happy to pay the £700 ($1400) that they'd cost too. I'm sure people would like a new Porsche for £20,000 ($40,000) but it doesn't happen like that!

As for the thread - Great news. Open source will help everyone

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Absolutely - I'd be happy to pay the £700 ($1400) that they'd cost too. I'm sure people would like a new Porsche for £20,000 ($40,000) but it doesn't happen like that!

As for the thread - Great news. Open source will help everyone

JOBS IS AN A**. jk but he should def unlock the phone for crying out loud.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
The problem that Apple faced was entering a new market and needing a partner. I personally think they would have sold just as many phones at £700 as they have at £270 with a £420 minimum contract. That would have been a very brave thing to do and it's understandable no-one was prepared to stick their wedding tackle on the block over that one.

I would have done the exclusive deal with one carrier - wheedled out of any penalty should the phone be 'unlocked', and ooops, accidentally slipped someone the keys to the back door so the thing can be used on any network. I'll never go to heaven.