Device Won't unjailbreak,Tried everything, please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Danillo, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Danillo

Danillo New Member

Hi, I had my iPhone 4 jailbroken about a year ago here in Brazil (which I paid for). And now I want to unjailbreak it and install iOS 6.1 but I am not being able to. It is currently running 5.0.1. I have tried the iTunes update and restore to latest version, didn't work.
    I keep receiving the "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)'
    Tried SHIFT+restore and selected the ipsw and still didn't work.
    I have tried these methods with the device on DFU mode And still nothing.
    I have tried the manual delete of host files procedure ( gs.apple.com) and still nothing. I keep receiving the same error.
    I have even uninstalled my antivirus and disabled all fire walls. Still nothing.
    I have jailbroken and unjaibroken my iPad ( the new iPad) and it works fine. I have done it multiple times to be sure.

I have tried in a different pc as well and still no dice.

I have no idea what this dude did but he got my phone stuck on this firmware!
    H iPhone used to be carried locked but about 7 months ago I paid for a factory unlock which was successful. ( this after I had jailbroken it).

Please help, and thanks so much guys.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Uncheck the box in TinyUmbrella that says "Set hosts to Cydia on exit." This will ensure that you verify firmware with Apple instead of Cydia. Then close TinyUmbrella and hit the update or restore button in iTunes. It will then download the 6.1.2 firmware. You don't have to shift+restore. 6.1.2 is jailbreakable, so you can run evasi0n afterwards to jailbreak.

3. Danillo

Danillo New Member

Thanks for replying, I connected my device, and when i run TinyUmbrella it says:
    " 'Request SHSH from Cydia' is currently set. This can cause issues if you are trying to save current SHSHs as Cydia is no longer able to reliably proxy SHSH requests.Please change your setting in the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Apply Changes' button or use the 'Edit' menu to apply changes"
    When I go to the Advanced tab, the " Set host to Cyda on exit" is unchecked and also I can't check or uncheck the box at all. It's just faded out, unlike the rest of the options. Also there is no "Apply Changes" tab or anything.
    What do I do now? Thanks.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay, just open iTunes and click update or restore. It will download 6.1.2 first.

5. Danillo

Danillo New Member

Okay it worked. With ipsw 6.1.2. All other firmwares weren't working. thanks so much

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're welcome. I'm glad that worked. Those other firmware versions will work if your hosts file is pointed at Cydia instead of Apple and you have an SHSH for them. It sounds like your hosts file was still pointed at Apple and that's why it wasn't working. It's easier to just put 6.1.2 on it since it's jailbreakable, so that's why I recommended that. Juat make sure to save your 6.1.2 SHSH now.

7. Danillo

Danillo New Member

Ooohhh ok sure, And Thanks again, really liking this version. I use tiny umbrella to save right?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Correct. :)