Dexter

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Weird, I thought the second to last season was much improved over the few before it. Oh well.
Doomsday and the barrel girls were the two lowest rated until the final season, but I still like both of those. Ice Truck and Trinity were my favorites, but I thought last year was pretty damn good. I wish they would have just ended it with Deb shooting LaGuerta. It wouldn't have tied things up, but it would have been better than this disaster of a final season.

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Doomsday and the barrel girls were the two lowest rated until the final season, but I still like both of those. Ice Truck and Trinity were my favorites, but I thought last year was pretty damn good. I wish they would have just ended it with Deb shooting LaGuerta. It wouldn't have tied things up, but it would have been better than this disaster of a final season.
I couldn't agree with you more. HATE HATE HATE the final season.

Sent using iPhone 5

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
It seemed like all the meticulous details that Dexter was known for went out the window this season. I never understood why they never tried a disguise with Hannah. She's got her picture plastered all over the news and she doesn't put on a hat and sunglasses. I think the caller id on his iPhone even said Hannah when she called him.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It seemed like all the meticulous details that Dexter was known for went out the window this season. I never understood why they never tried a disguise with Hannah. She's got her picture plastered all over the news and she doesn't put on a hat and sunglasses. I think the caller id on his iPhone even said Hannah when she called him.
Exactly !

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Thought they were apologizing for the last few seasons on their FaceBook page. LMAO
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380557206.562598.jpg

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
At least I still have Homeland and Boardwalk to look forward to this fall.

Sent using iPhone 5

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It doesn't surprise me that they are trying to blame Showtime now. The writing was terrible for the entire season, and I don't think killing off Dexter in the finale could have saved it. What would they have done differently - had him not reemerge from the storm as a lumberjack? That would have been better, but overall the season still would have sucked. Good writers could have written a decent season where he had to stay alive at the end. The fans' disappointment goes much deeper than him surviving in the end.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
True, but if Showtime wants to be that fascist about the show's writing, who knows what else they insisted on.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
True, but if Showtime wants to be that fascist about the show's writing, who knows what else they insisted on.
Not buying it. Do you really think the producers came to them with a killer script for the finale season and then Showtime rewrote everything so they could sabotage one of their best shows? The writers just got lazy.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Not so much like that. But creating an environment where good ideas are repeatedly shot down, over-controlling of writers in general. Long-term poor management, basically.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just finished season 2. I picked up Dexter a few seasons in, so after the disappointing finale, I went back and started watching the first two seasons. I knew about Doakes, having seen that part when my wife watched it. I'm not sure if I've seen season 3 or not, but plan to find out tonight. Hoping that I haven't, because it's been fun watching from the beginning.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
The only way I'd want dexter to come back is if he wakes up one day and realized seasons 3-7 were all just a dream.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
The only way I'd want dexter to come back is if he wakes up one day and realized seasons 3-7 were all just a dream.
I want Dexter to come back for not only Michael Hall but all the other great characters: Daboura, Quinn, Vince Masuka, etc

A part of me is bloodthirsty for another killing show.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Naw, Trinity (season 4) was awesome. Doomsday wasn't great and the show was on a downhill slide before crashing and burning, but it was still watchable. I'd be okay with the final season being the only one that was a dream. That season was cringeworthy from episode one, but that series finale...my god, it was terrible.