Dexter

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I'm in the middle of the 3rd season right now. I'm trying to catch up before the 5th season starts in a few weeks.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Well, I finally finished the 4th Season this evening. Wow, what a cliffhanger. I'm glad I only had to wait a day to start the new season. :D I caught the season 5 trailer. Looks like Quinn going to be the next Doakes.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I was a bit underwhelmed with the premier. I guess I expected more fallout.

iiPaDFooT

Bronze
Aug 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
www.twitter.com
I was a bit underwhelmed with the premier. I guess I expected more fallout.
I have to agree. I guess I went into it expecting a lot more. Don't wanna get too into it incase anyone hasn't seen it. Don't get me wrong I didn't dislike it, it was just less than I expected.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think i just wanted all my questions answered, which is really an impossible thing to ask from a TV show. They have to have something with which to fill the rest of the season, after all.

The other thing i noticed is that there wasn't another big character introduced like there had been in previous premiers - no new serial killer, no (significant) new FBI agents or detectives... i guess they just had too much on their plate with how the previous season ended.

iiPaDFooT

Bronze
Aug 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
www.twitter.com
i think i just wanted all my questions answered, which is really an impossible thing to ask from a TV show. They have to have something with which to fill the rest of the season, after all.

The other thing i noticed is that there wasn't another big character introduced like there had been in previous premiers - no new serial killer, no (significant) new FBI agents or detectives... i guess they just had too much on their plate with how the previous season ended.
I pretty much don't expect to ever get questions answered from a TV show anymore :p and not just because they need to fill the rest of the season..... I'm not sure if you were a fan of LOST. That SERIES ended and there's still a million questions left unanswered.

I actually didn't even realize that about not introducing someone new. I guess it's just because it's been so long since I saw the previous seasons that it wasn't something that clicked to me that it usually happens. I wasn't fortunate enough to have the time to re-watch the previous seasons. Just don't have the time lately =/ But yeah. The way the last season ended... I think they just needed to work off that storyline for now instead of introducing something new already.

Toilet316

Bronze
Sep 12, 2010
Pennslyvania
I pretty much don't expect to ever get questions answered from a TV show anymore :p and not just because they need to fill the rest of the season..... I'm not sure if you were a fan of LOST. That SERIES ended and there's still a million questions left unanswered.

I actually didn't even realize that about not introducing someone new. I guess it's just because it's been so long since I saw the previous seasons that it wasn't something that clicked to me that it usually happens. I wasn't fortunate enough to have the time to re-watch the previous seasons. Just don't have the time lately =/ But yeah. The way the last season ended... I think they just needed to work off that storyline for now instead of introducing something new already.
Lost will be answering those questions when they release the final season on DVD. Go on YouTube and search Lost New Man in Charge and you'll find a few snippets. It's a very creative way to tie up all the loose ends. I tried to post a link for you but I had a hard time. Sorry. Let me know what you think. Cheers!

iiPaDFooT

Bronze
Aug 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
www.twitter.com
Lost will be answering those questions when they release the final season on DVD. Go on YouTube and search Lost New Man in Charge and you'll find a few snippets. It's a very creative way to tie up all the loose ends. I tried to post a link for you but I had a hard time. Sorry. Let me know what you think. Cheers!
I actually plan on buying seasons 1-6 the new blu-ray boxset sometime this month so hopefully you're right :) it'd be nice to get a few more answers. I'll check around online for some videos though. Thanks for the info.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
About to watch the final episode of season one. Super cool this thread wasn't spoiler as carefuly I skimmed. Catch up with y'all soon!

J

jackobjames

I love this show.. It seems to be more interseting then CSI Ny.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ugh. i got bored with CSI like 4 years ago.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree on that. The only interesting aspect that kept the show varied was the miniature killer on CSI. Miami is just horrendous and I've never seen NYC.

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
I love Dexter, but I really didn't enjoy the first two episodes of the current season. The season premier was pretty slow imo.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
It's very different from previous seasons. Instead of introducing a new nemesis, we're still in recovery mode. There are a lot of loose ends to tie up still before they can move on. What I like about these last two episodes is that we're learning a lot about Dexter instead of some other person.

I'm thinking maybe there won't be a new nemesis like the Ice Truck Killer, or Trinity, but instead Quinn will turn some people against him, and maybe even open Deb up to what he does. Supposedly, in the books Deb knows all about Dexter's dark passenger.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I agree with hippo. The two newest episodes are perfect for me, as I get to see a little of Dexter's inner workings and his conflict - the need to hunt vs the need to be a dad.