Dial specific number by holding the home button?

Punkrulz

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is a feature that requires a jailbreak or not, but my phone is jailbroken so either way is fine. I'm looking to be able to dial a number just by holding the home button. I'm not worried about voice commands as I rarely use them. I'm a firefighter and we recently implemented a system that we can dial into so that others are aware that we are responding.

By the time I unlock my phone, go to the phone app, find the number, and dial I would already be at the firehouse. It would be nice just to hold the button to dial the number directly. Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Thanks!

Punkrulz

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
Thanks. That brings me a little bit closer to my goal. Does anyone else have any suggestions of what might be able to help me?

thealiencow

Bronze
Sep 14, 2008
I know it's a bit of a long work around, but you can launch a CallMe contact application with Activator. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, Activator cannot invoke applications from the lockscreen. You could set the Activator action "At the Lockscreen" to unlock and then the same action "Anywhere" to launch the contact. It's two actions, but still a lot better than fumbling around.

If you need more specific instruction, let me know.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
you can use CallMe with SwitcherPlus. Put callme contact as a Comfigure Favs. You then can double tap the lock screen and the fist multitask item will be the number you want to call. I just tested it and it worked.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I know it's a bit of a long work around, but you can launch a CallMe contact application with Activator. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, Activator cannot invoke applications from the lockscreen. You could set the Activator action "At the Lockscreen" to unlock and then the same action "Anywhere" to launch the contact. It's two actions, but still a lot better than fumbling around.
I was just going to type that, lol. Here it goes anyway..

You can actually use Call Me with Activator. I.E. double tap the status bar to call a specific person. But the problem is Activator will only perform restricted actions from the Lock Screen.