did a restore / back up

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
i did a full restore and back up...

all my programs that i purchased are gone and everything...

is there anyway to import my old apps?

thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
i did a full restore and back up...

all my programs that i purchased are gone and everything...

is there anyway to import my old apps?

thanks
A restore restores the original firmware, and the backup restores your settings, notes and pics.
To get your media and apps back on there, just sync

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
A restore restores the original firmware, and the backup restores your settings, notes and pics.
To get your media and apps back on there, just sync

i did this and the pics notes contacts , txt's etc all came back however

there are no apps?:? is htis mean they are all gone?

omg

thanks for any help.

danks

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
plug in your phone to iTunes go to the applications tab and make sure its checked to sync your apps your apps are on iTunes . if you downloaded them from your iPhone and never synced is the only way i could see they wouldn't be there

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
plug in your phone to iTunes go to the applications tab and make sure its checked to sync your apps your apps are on iTunes . if you downloaded them from your iPhone and never synced is the only way i could see they wouldn't be there

heres the deal...i synced before i restored...then i did a backup and restore through iTunes...

now it only brought over my contacts, notes, photos etc but no APPS...

so is it over for me? under preferences it shows my back up file under devices...i dunno what to do...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
heres the deal...i synced before i restored...then i did a backup and restore through iTunes...

now it only brought over my contacts, notes, photos etc but no APPS...

so is it over for me? under preferences it shows my back up file under devices...i dunno what to do...
Apps and media do not back up. After doing a restore and then restoring your profile, you have to sync to get media and apps installed back on the phone.

When your phone is connected to iTunes, click on the Apps tab and make sure that the apps you want installed are added. Same with Music and Video.
Then just hit the Sync button and go make a sandwhich while it puts it all back in the iPhone.

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
Apps and media do not back up. After doing a restore and then restoring your profile, you have to sync to get media and apps installed back on the phone.

When your phone is connected to iTunes, click on the Apps tab and make sure that the apps you want installed are added. Same with Music and Video.
Then just hit the Sync button and go make a sandwhich while it puts it all back in the iPhone.
hey sorry im a dummy i giuess...so i got the phone connected and i go over to the apps tab and nothing shows up....so pretty much its over for me rite?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
hey sorry im a dummy i giuess...so i got the phone connected and i go over to the apps tab and nothing shows up....so pretty much its over for me rite?
Ouch!
Well, here is the deal. If you paid for an app or downloaded a free one, then your iTunes account will have it listed and you can download it again.
Apparently you never sync'd your iPhone with the PC, have you? If you had, then even upgrading iTunes itself would not drop your info - unless you started completely fresh with a new account.

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
Ouch!
Well, here is the deal. If you paid for an app or downloaded a free one, then your iTunes account will have it listed and you can download it again.
Apparently you never sync'd your iPhone with the PC, have you? If you had, then even upgrading iTunes itself would not drop your info - unless you started completely fresh with a new account.

hey, so what if i got an app for free and now it costs $6.99 what is your tsake on that...

thanks

appreciate the feedback...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
hey, so what if i got an app for free and now it costs $6.99 what is your tsake on that...

thanks

appreciate the feedback...
no, what I was saying is that iTunes has records of your purchases, so you should be able to re-download them at no cost. If you have a problem and it's asking for payment, contact iTunes support. Make sure you pull up your receipts before hand. iTunes should have emailed you your confirmed purchases.