did any of you hear about this? (software update)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wangmaster

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
"Speaking to analysts for RBC Capital Markets this week, Apple's Vice President of iPod Product Marketing, Greg Joswiak, said the first software update for his company's iPhone handset is due to arrive shortly."

"Abramsky speculated that upcoming iPhone software updates would include new widgets, peer-to-peer applications (chat, picture messaging, social networking), location-based services, MMS support, home networking, and possibly some integration with Mac OS X Leopard."

Taken from http://www.appleinsider.com/article...iphone_software_update_to_arrive_shortly.html

Sounds very promising!:laugh2:

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
yep. they are just speculating. i do hope we see custom ringtones and ichat in this update, but i had a gut feeling that it will just be something to close the activation loophole and battery meter issues.

i think a major update will come around the time leopard in released that will include mms, flash, etc...

maybe it'll come in early august when Apple is rumored to release the new imac and ipods.

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Hey, we got our new update! ...and it has no new features.
Seems like no one has noticed this and it isn't even listed in the new DOCS ONLINE.

There is now the OPTION in MAIL SETTINGS to BCC YOURSELF on all mail. It used to be CC. Don't know why it isn't listed in the UPDATED MANUAL which is actually dated as AUGUST 1 so maybe it'll be in there tomorrow? Anyway, just thought I'd point it out for people.