Did anyone notice the marker button on the keyboard of the iPhone 6 Plus (picture)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
The paste button is to the right of the scissors, I'm guessing it's to nightlight the text you want to cut, copy then paste.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
The button next to the scissors is copy. If you look, it shows an "A" in a box and a copy of it behind it. Cut, copy and paste.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
I think the A looks more like to copy text.

If those three buttons are indeed cut,copy,paste then that should make us a little more productive while typing.

I'm excited to see what other keyboards are available for us [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
They could've used that space for other new features. I preferred the cut/copy/paste pop up immediately after highlighting. It would have been nice to see italic, underline, font color, highlight, size, etc.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Yep. Better get the Plus. I don't think I can handle copying and pasting the old way any longer. :D
It's terrible. I'm a writer/editor/blogger and it is sooooooo frustrating the way it is now. Then again, I don't use the landscape keyboard either, so I'm probably going to have to get used to the entire thing...but I will!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Yep. Better get the Plus. I don't think I can handle copying and pasting the old way any longer. :D
contrarily, this has confirmed my need for the 4.7". I type in landscape pretty much exclusively, and these extra buttons just make it more difficult to reach the alphanumeric ones.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I actually think it may be a highlighter. Looks very similar to the highlighter icon in OSX's preview. I think paste is the icon to the right of cut. Only question is where is the copy button... there may not be a copy, just like there's no italics. maybe they let you choose from a selection of buttons to put there like customizing a toolbar in OS X.

Last edited: