Did Apple *really* offer the iPhone to Verizon first?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I've been hearing this rumor for over a year now and I was wondering if anyone can confirm it as 100% fact, with a quote or reference to go along with it.

If it's true, does anyone else know how Verizon is feeling right and if they regret it, seeing all the hype and how the iPhone could have finally boosted them above AT&T as the carrier with the most subscribers? Thanks.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Even moreso, could you imaging how complicated Apple's worldwide rollout of 3G would be if they were locked to a CDMA network? I bet they're thinking "phew!" as much as Verizon's thinking "damn!" if it really went down like that. I don't know.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
im not sure that this was an option, i think that they where going with att the entire time, i think this because they had already launched the Motorola rokr [i think that is what it is called ...

just my thought..

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Even moreso, could you imaging how complicated Apple's worldwide rollout of 3G would be if they were locked to a CDMA network? I bet they're thinking "phew!" as much as Verizon's thinking "damn!" if it really went down like that. I don't know.
maybe they would of launched a GSM version on Vodafone's network so that they weren't just tied to a U.S. launch.