Did the search option in text messages get even worse than before?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Duck1098

Bronze
Feb 16, 2012
I know I should probably be looking at a different phone for business but this one is really making the decision easier. The text search option was garbage before and now has gotten even worse. When I type a persons name who I have had a conversation with nothing shows up. Is this normal?

Keukawater

Bronze
Sep 10, 2014
I've had the same problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping it's just a glitch that gets better with an update.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've never used that feature. But I would think they will fix it in 8.1. You should report it to Apple.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I know I should probably be looking at a different phone for business but this one is really making the decision easier. The text search option was garbage before and now has gotten even worse. When I type a persons name who I have had a conversation with nothing shows up. Is this normal?
I just tested this on iOS 8.0.2 and the feature is there. When you use the spotlight search for a name, it shows under the MESSAGES category. You have to scroll down to see it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I tested it with all of mine and it was unable to find one of them. The iOS text messaging search function has been terrible since it was implemented.

Duck1098

Bronze
Feb 16, 2012
Tried Spotlight search too. Nope. Some suggested changing the language a few times and back to English. Still nope.