Did you get your Apple Watch Friday?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by igadgetlady, Apr 26, 2015.

1. igadgetlady

igadgetlady Member
    Bronze

If so what's your favorite app so far? I'm loving the activity fitness app! Pretty Cool! And yes I did get mine on Friday :):)

Attached Files:

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

For me, I love having access to my Philips Hue lights from my wrist. That's incredibly awesome.

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

How does it work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. luvit!

luvit! Member
    Bronze

Recieved my 38mm sport on Friday as I was leaving town for a conference. So far I love it! I can leave my phone in my purse but still see and reply to messages. I can either reply with a voice message (and wont do this in a conference) or a choice of pre-set replys. I really like that I can see who is calling and either step out of a meeting or ignore without much notice. I have notifications, like Facebook posts, Snap Chats sent to watch and I can only see that I have one. Not sure if there is a way to look at them or just the notice that I received one? I do like the I can read, dismiss or delete an email. Lots to learn and haven't had very much time! I did noticed yesterday that after a full charge on my iPhone 6 plus and watch that after a 15.5 hours on both, my phone had 63% battery left and the watch had 47% battery. BUT its a weekend and I'm not receiving as many emails and texts as I will during the week, so Monday will be a true test to how long the battery will hold up. So far very pleased and have had many people around me remark that its not only a nice looking watch, its pretty handy to not have phone out. AND I love the fitness app so far!

#4 luvit!, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  5. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

My order for 42mm space black sport watch was processed at 12:09am on preorder kickoff night. My order is still showing as "processing" with a scheduled ship date of mid may. I don't get how my ship date is so far out when I ordered 9 minutes after preorder began?

6. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Zealot
    Silver

I relieved mine in Friday as well and it is a very nice looking watch and really like the functions. So far I'm happy with it. Dictation works pretty well with hardly any mistakes. I'm just glad I got the 42mm. I turned off the fitness app and I just have a few notifications on.

7. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I'm really enjoying mine so far. I've noticed a few buggy things here and there but nothing too bad. Nothing that can't be fixed with firmware updates.

I was mostly surprised with the battery in my 42 mm. Got up yesterday at 4am for work and the watch came off the charger. During my 12 hour shift I got loads of notification and responded to many text messages with the dictation feature. when I got home I walked the dog (logged in the excercise app) and still got a lot of notifications throughout the evening.

The watch went back on the charger at 10:30 pm with 27% battery left (usage log showed 18.5 hours stand by and a little over three hours usage). So far I'm impressed.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No. Should I have ordered one?

9. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Congratulations to all who purchased their Apple Watch. I will live the experience through all of you as i give it a few years before I consider purchasing one. I look forward to hearing your likes and dislikes about the Watch.

10. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Zealot
    Silver

got my watch on time and I must say I like it. I have come to understand that this isn't a stand alone device as some people think but an extension of the iPhone. The watch isn't bulky at least to me. I ended up with the 42mm space gray with black band sport watch. Battery is pretty good at least for the entire day. I treat it like I would any watch I put it on and forget about. I don't play games with it I just use it for notifications and telling time mainly text and iMessages. And at the end of the day before I place it on the charger it'll be at 38% and that's from 4:30am till 10:00pm

11. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

When did you order it ? Mine is saying July I order the same watch as you did.

12. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Zealot
    Silver

I offered it 4/10 and it was shipped over night Thursday 4/23 and received 4/24 at 3:30 est time

13. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks hope they ship mine out soon.