Did you know the iPhone WILL NOT LET YOU mess up?

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Type in Mothe in the txt msg box. Then go to type a T instead of the R required in "mother". Also try to type an E, the iPhone will not let you. I never noticed it did this, I thought it only corrected things, very cool! Anyone know if this is new with the 3G?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Allot of ppl knew about this function. That's why I like it cause I can pretty much type fast and it'll auto correct me.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
it does to let you mess up, it provides mother as a correct word

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
damn i never knew that. i knew it corrected it but i never noticed that it does not even let you press the T or E surrounding the R. thats pretty cool lol. how thoughtful of mr. iPhone

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It did the same thing with YOU'RE for a while there. No matter what you weren't able to properly type in the contraction the first time around. It was really annoying.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
damn i never knew that. i knew it corrected it but i never noticed that it does not even let you press the T or E surrounding the R. thats pretty cool lol. how thoughtful of mr. iPhone
how was the concert?

JPizzzle

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
hmmm, i can press the "t" and whatever else, it just shows the correct spelling up top. if you press space it puts its version, but if u tap your word it'll keep it.

update, i now see what u guys r talking about, on the first try it doesn't let u mess up. cool

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
that's kinda dumb imo, what if for some reason you need to type in a made up word or something and the phone doesn't let you? then what?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
There's a video on the Apple website describing all of this... including the thing about not being able to push certain letters...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
that's kinda dumb imo, what if for some reason you need to type in a made up word or something and the phone doesn't let you? then what?
If you keep trying, it'll eventually let you type the "made-up" word.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Now I can't wait for the iPhone that WON'T LET ME DROP IT!

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
how was the concert?
it was awsome :laugh2: i only went for kanye and lupe tho. lupe only had 30 mins but kanye had like 2 hours which made up for everything because it was great.

bberg23

Jul 24, 2007
In case you didn't know, the iPhone actually predicts which letter(s) you might type next and makes the touch area for those letters larger.

When you start typing a word, it figures out what you might be trying to spell and makes the touch areas for those letters larger to help reduce typing errors.

Pretty amazing technology!

Deke736

Bronze
Jul 24, 2008
Near St. Louis, MO
In case you didn't know, the iPhone actually predicts which letter(s) you might type next and makes the touch area for those letters larger.

When you start typing a word, it figures out what you might be trying to spell and makes the touch areas for those letters larger to help reduce typing errors.

Pretty amazing technology!
Call me crazy, but mine does not seem to do that. I assume I should be able to see the larger letters, right? Is there a setting or something that I need to change?

The autocorrect for my typo's seems to work just fine and I am more accurate when I type faster.

I appreciate your help!