Did you sell anything to buy your iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I sold my old desktop computer (Dual 1.8 Powermac G5) and a motorcycle exhaust system that I won in a raffle.

What did you sell to finance your iPhone...if anything?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I sold my old desktop computer (Dual 1.8 Powermac G5) and a motorcycle exhaust system that I won in a raffle.

My wife made me give up part of our Cable Channel Package, that god not my High Def.

chris07

Jun 30, 2007
i sold my sidekick ID and my old 650 that i thought wasn't working but when i turned it out the other week it powered up so why not sell it then i paid the rest.

but now im paying for tmobile data plan that im not using so im eather gonna buy another sidekick2 just to have for that plan or maybe pick up another 3 even tho i hated the 3.

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Sold a sweet SONY DCR-300 40gb camcorder....but its ok i hardly used it anyways and got some extra change off of it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Didn't sell anything, but I have thought about putting some of my spare cell phones on eBay.

I've got five (RAZR, ROKR, V551, 2 Samsung c207s) sitting in a basket on my chest of drawers right now.

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I sold my soul to AT&T, does that count? :laugh2:

Seriously though, I sold my Verizon Motorola Q since I don't need it anymore.

Already sold all my Treo stuff back in January after the webcast! ;)

Sold a Samsung Blackjack with 3G and better 'features' according to some but there is no way I would go back. I got $200 out of it 5 hours after sticking it on ebay.

Then I gave the iPod to the fiance so she would go away and listen to some music while I figures out my new iPhone!1

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
You could kind of say I got paid to get an iPhone! When the iPhone was announced in January we had just switched to Verizon. My wife and I decided
to switch to AT&T to get the iPhone and coincidentally Verizon changed their contract and we were able to get out of our contracts (that were less than 3 months old) with no early termination fees... and we kept our phones.

My Verizon Treo sold for about $300 and I got a temporary Treo 680 to tide me over until June. It sold for $280 on eBay (it was free from Amazon). So I got just about enough to cover the cost of my phone.

My wife sold an old beat up Powerbook. She was going to sell it anyway, but it just so happened to sell about the same time that we got the iPhones so it was pretty much a wash.

Still, I was buying them regardless... even if I had to pay a termination fee I was getting an iPhone the day they were released.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta

I abandoned my moral values and worked a street corner.

Kidding, sold nothing. I work at a super market. :]