Did you settle 6 or Plus color size to get it on the 19th?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by imutter, Sep 12, 2014.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Looks like many did not get the phone they wanted ? I would not have, I settled on color last year not again!

2. neo

neo Member
    Bronze

I settled on 64gb versus the 128 I wanted. Was up at 2:50 ready and waiting. Apple sucked bad on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

For me on the East Coast in Florida it took 40 minutes but finally the Apple store App on my iPhone 5S let me order an iPhone 6+64 GB gold with September 19 delivery. That was the size and color I desired

AT&T was not shipping these for 2 to 3 weeks only the 128 GB iPhone 6+ was available for September 19

4. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

I was extremely disappointed once again with Apple and their inability to handle the traffic on their website

I will never understand with all of their technology genius and high expectations why this occurs

I may just be ignorant and naïve to have significant a problem this is with no easy fix

5. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Nope. I opted for a later delivery date to get exactly what I wanted. 6+ 128 GB Space Gray. My phones last forever (knock on wood) so I wanted to make sure it's perfect.

6. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Totally disappointed with how last night went. I tried for an hour to get through and finally went to bed. I went to Best Buy in the morning to preorder and they said they can't preorder the 6+ only the 6. So I ordered the phone I wanted but now have to wait 3 weeks. Totally pissed. I can't even go to the Apple Store and camp out because I have a job interview the 19th. I guess it wasn't meant to be. This will be the first time I will not have the phone on launch and I have owned every iPhone.

7. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I got through on the AT&T website since I couldn't get the Apple Store app to let me add the phone to the cart. I was able to order 2 white/silver 64 GB iPhone 6 with confirmation email with a delivery of 9/19.

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I was actually surprised at the problems last night. I preordered the 5 2 years ago on the Apple Store app on my iPad and I was done 10 minutes after preorders started. Last night it took 45 minutes for the first order and another 20 minutes for the second order and that was through the AT&T website. I don't understand how they don't prepare for the rush and craziness that ensues. I know the bad publicity from last night won't hurt their sales, but it was annoying as heck.

9. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

Took slightly less than 1-hour but finally made it through the app store with the one I wanted...6+, 128gb, space gray, Verizon; 9/19. Rec'd an immediate email confirmation showing time of order, 3:10am.

10. KPSK

KPSK Member
    Bronze

I went to Apple's site at 6:00am this morning and took 10 minutes max and got a iPhone 6, 64gb, space gray.

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

since Tim Cook said there will be plenty to around for everyone and no shortage as I remember

12. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

It took me about 15 minutes of trying to finally get my order to go through on the Apple Store App. I did get the iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB Space Gray I wanted. I agree with the posts here that the pre-order rollout was really bad. I too can't understand how Apple can time and again not be prepared for such high demand especially when they expected the 'mother-of-all upgrades'. I feel for those who couldn't place their orders or get them on the delivery date.

13. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

Once the store refreshed on my phone. I started the order process. But then it would not let me continue once I selected 6+ gold 128GB and upgrade this iPhone. The continue button on the top right would not light up. So I had my iPad ready to go as well. Within a matter of minutes my order was complete. It was about 12:24am PST. And I was back in bed. My pebble alerted me, the confirmation email was delivered.

14. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

I so was not able to settle last year at all. I actually left the store with a space gray ordered the gold on my 2nd line and then before the 2 weeks I returned the space gray and the gold came a day later. This year I don't care about the color I did get gold I just want a plus for sure

15. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

I settled for the 16gb plus. I wanted the 64, but it wasn't available on Verizon's site at 3:45 ny time

16. Designed4Him

Designed4Him New Member

I got the 64 Plus silver I just hope by me pre-ordering at a sprint store they weren't lying about how the process works.

17. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I settled in that I managed to get a 128GB silver Plus shipped between Oct 1-6. That's totally fine with me.

I had originally intended on a 64GB. I'll be hurting next month but whatever. :)

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Same here. It's coming between 1 Oct and 6 Oct. Unfortunately, I have Mindi's address on file temporarily, so it will come to her house. Early this morning, I considered canceling the order and camping out in Utah, but then, in a rare fit of good sense and patience, I thought, "Well, I ordered the one I want, and I can't guarantee getting the same one if I camp out, so I'll just leave it alone. If it's like my brother's iPhone 4, at may actually ship sooner than the stated dates. It's just a phone."

"It's just a phone." I can't believe I just typed that., :D

And yes, @chris , the above is a sterling example of copy and paste. :D

19. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

I preorder through at&t and they say it will ship between 10/31/2014 11/11/2014. now I see through the apple app they have my phone with a shipping time of 3 to 4 weeks. should I cancel the at&t order and go through apple? has anybody ever done this?

20. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Through my experinece today and AT&T cancelling both my orders I would go with Apple. I had to order again and went through Apple and I received a ship date Oct 1-6th.