Did you trade your mods for the 1.1.1 update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Did you trade your mods for the 1.1.1 update?

• Yes, the 1.1.1 update was worth losing my mods

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • No, my mods are more important to me than the 1.1.1 update

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
i updated not because i cared about 1.1.1 but i didn't really care about apps.

i dunno, i just couldnt get into them, and i figured id rather be safe than sorry if something were to happen to my phone.

edit: i voted yes, even though my phone is pretty much the same to me either way, but i did update.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Was so close to updating. Gave it a day to think about it. After reading about numerous people who took the plunge and regretted it, that's when I thought.... Heck no! The thing that really prevented me from updating was this dialer! ;)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Was so close to updating. Gave it a day to think about it. After reading about numerous people who took the plunge and regretted it, that's when I thought.... Heck no! The thing that really prevented me from updating was this dialer! ;)

I like it! How do I get that dialer on my phone? I've never changed my dialer manually before.

And so we don't get off topic, let me say that the update is completely not worth it IMO. The third party apps are running circles around Apple's "updates". When their big 1.1.1 update was simply to add iTunes and Starbucks, I realized that Apple's main interest in updates was for one thing - money.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You can do that now by viewing this thread here and downloading it from here.

After unzipping the file, perform SSH and replace with the new custom files located at ./Applications/MobilePhone.app/

Be sure to backup the (stock) files that you're replacing. Good luck!

These are my 2 faves from ModMyiPhone...

the "Retro Phone Dialer"
Stolen from the other thread, courtesy of Akophone :laugh2:

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
oh yes i will update it to 1.1.1 but not at this moment. i will wait until dev team has cracked the firmware 1.1.1. before that time arrive i will stick on my 1.0.2 :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Oh thanks. I thought you were just quoting what he said earlier in this thread but now I see that you got the quote from somewhere else. Cool, I'll set it up right now!
firmware 1.1.1 its about to release sometimes next week. since the dev team almost finish hacked it up :laugh2: isn't that lovely?