Didn't buy iPhone? Tell here why..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

oshogg

Jul 24, 2007
Hi Everyone,

So I didn't buy the iPhone. Here are my top 3 features, in order of priority, that are missing that led me not to buy it.

1. 3G.
2. GPS (with google maps integration)
3. Instant messaging

So if you didn't buy iPhone, what are the top three features in your list for a future iPhone that will make you pay $600 for the device?

Osho

G

greenmymac

If you didn't buy an iPhone and all you are going to do is put negative feedback on it. LEAVE WE don't WANT YOU IN THE FORUM

oshogg

Jul 24, 2007
If you didn't buy an iPhone and all you are going to do is put negative feedback on it. LEAVE WE don't WANT YOU IN THE FORUM
I am NOT putting negative feedback on it. In fact, I love everything about iPhone. I would love it even more if the 3 features I mentioned were in it.

This forum is about Future iPhones and discussing what features people would like to see in future iPhones is very relevant IMHO - particularly if it is a deal breaker.

Osho

Aug 2, 2007
Here are my reasons.

1. Corporate discount on service lost if you upgrade to iPhone.

2. No Corporate discount on purchase of iPhone.

3. You cannot buy insurance on the iPhone from ATT/Cingular.

This is not negative, just the facts.

oshogg

Jul 24, 2007
1. Corporate discount on service lost if you upgrade to iPhone.

2. No Corporate discount on purchase of iPhone.

3. You cannot buy insurance on the iPhone from ATT/Cingular.

This is not negative, just the facts.
My current plan with AT&T gives me 18% discount for being an employee of a corporate with which they have a tieup. Are you saying that iPhone plans do not get similar discounts?

thanks,
Osho

Aug 2, 2007
Here is the link.

Yes, it sucks but here is the link.

http://www.wireless.att.com/businessssupport/knowledgeBase.do?content=KB80815.html

Scroll down and you will see the NOTE:Phone and associated wireless service are not eligible for corporate service or equipment discounts. IRUs who activate an iPhone will lose any corporate discounts they have been receiving.

We have the choice of either Verizon or Cingular for the discount, a large number of the employees thought about leaving Verizon. We have a 21% discount there and twice the coverage but liked the features of the iPhone better.

ATT/Cingular's coverage was NOT even close to Verizon and they expect us to give up our discount? No wonder the iPhone is not meeting it's sales projections.

I can see why they are charging a 10% restocking fee now at least.

Tell everyone you know what they will lose with the iPhone.

chefj

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Man that really sucks, no discount.... what ever to do. I know go and get it anyway. It is a great phone and businesss tool already. I gave up my blackberry and have not looked back since.:)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well, one of the main reasons I didn't buy an iPhone is because I'm with t-mobile and have 3 lines. Therefore it will cost me $600 just to break contract, then switch to att and I'm sure there are activation fees and whatnot, throw another $600 on there for iPhone and hell, I've spent close to $1500!

My contract ends on september 2 2008, I WILL be switching over then and getting my iPhone.

In a way, I'm sort of bummed that I can't have it sooner, and in another way, it will be interesting to see what happens to the iPhone in the coming year and hopefully it will be just perfect by the time I buy mine!

So you ask for 3 things?
Here's my 3, in no particular order:

1)3g would be nice

2)flash support

3)more space

4)user-replaceable battery

....whoops that was 4 wasn't it, hehe

I too, think the iPhone is great just the way it is, and think no matter what it gains there will always be something else that ppl want added.

I don't think GPS is a big deal. As long as you know where you are, Google Maps will be fine. Do you know where you are? ;)
And besides, I think when GPS in introduced on the iPhone, it will be at an additional monthly price through AT&T the way a few other providers charge for it. I heard that this is the plan just as the ringtones will cost money.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
And besides, I think when GPS in introduced on the iPhone, it will be at an additional monthly price through AT&T the way a few other providers charge for it. I heard that this is the plan just as the ringtones will cost money.
I doubt it. All other smart phones that incorporate GPS don't need to use any kind of usage with the service provider itself in order to function. Phones that utilize GPS via service providers may charge, but those are generally low end phones.

Sep 12, 2007
i haven't got one because its taking forever for paypal to transfer funds to my bank account. i hope thursday ill have one, and a job at att.

jbuhr

Sep 18, 2007
NOTE: iPhone and associated wireless service are not eligible for corporate service.

NOTE: iPhone and associated wireless service are not eligible for corporate service or equipment discounts.

I just found this out AFTER purchasing my iPhone and have decided that I can't live without it.

When will the iPhone be eligible for corporate discounts and why is it the only phone that's not accepted? Not a deal breaker, but kinda sucks.

However, I did receive my activation reimbursement, thereforee thought my 19% corporate service discount was also going through... but it is not

Anyone have insight on this?

Aug 28, 2007
Los Angeles
www.myspace.com
Hmmm

Hi Everyone,

So I didn't buy the iPhone. Here are my top 3 features, in order of priority, that are missing that led me not to buy it.

1. 3G.
2. GPS (with google maps integration)
3. Instant messaging

So if you didn't buy iPhone, what are the top three features in your list for a future iPhone that will make you pay $600 for the device?

Osho
Hit or miss... Some RSS's are saying new iPhone coming next year with those Xsact things... So wait, I guess. It's okay you won't be able to afford that one either... :p

samm

Oct 6, 2007
iPhone

i m frm india , i imported iPhone from usa last day and unlocked it and i saw it is still a baby phone which has not many things.
in india iPhone will not be much loving device bcoz
iPhone hasn't many options like other pda's
it still at last in technology race
the one thing attract ppl is
1. the sensitive and fast multi touch display and its size and the way of work
2. the sound quality in headphones
wat it doesn't have acc. to indian ppl needs
1. no bluetooth connectivity wid other devices
2. no mms option
3. u cant send any sound, video, ringtone to your friends mobile
4. for anything on iPhone , u r stuck to iTunes; or your system
5. cant forward messages which r received from others, just can send new one, not old one
6. don't use sim phonebook,
7.speaker sound is too slow, as in india phones wid loud sound r at top. like n95 , n73 and sony walkman series
8. not reliable , there r only 4 centre of Apple in india. so if hardware goes faulty u cant repair easily on any shop and Apple cost its devices very high india ,as compared to other countries, so repairing also cost much high
9. u cant shoot videos
10. camera is simple with no zoom and better lens?
11. just 2 megapixels? y Apple don't feel shy while fixing 2 megapixels?
at time of 12 megapixel wat 2 will do?
12. no flash light? , no auto focus, no image stabiliser?
13. in india iTunes is not much liked by ppl bcoz we cant find our songs there, so we don't need itune in iPhone, and Apple cost for songs ,
in india we never buy songs, always get them for free .

so Apple make their iPhone just sticky to iTunes and Apple for any work
u cant forget Apple company after buying iPhone.

nokia n95 8 gb is gud than iPhone in case of features and quality.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I am still biting the bit not to buy one, but the reason are as follows (2 and 3 are ok but not super important but number one is).

1) 3G
2) Incomin Picture Texts (cant understand how they left that out on a multimedia phone) and yes I use that ALOT.
3) Larger capacity (i would buy it now without 16 gig but it would be nice)

So all and all, if it had number 1 right now I would own it.

Dec 26, 2007
1. MMS feature can be extended through iPhone native app through installer.
2. Incoming SMS forwarding can also be extended through installer by installing native iPhone app.

Anyway despite of the above, u r right, when u said that in India, without incorporating these features like bluetooth connectivity with other phones, better camera with unlimited video recording and more powerful audio speakers, it is very doubtful that iPhone will become popular.

BTW, Apple has never launched iPhone officially in INDIA.

So cannot complain that Apple has not addressed the needs of features popular in other phone devices in INDIA.

Still, i feel great to have an iPhone in my hands in INDIA.

i m frm india , i imported iPhone from usa last day and unlocked it and i saw it is still a baby phone which has not many things.
in india iPhone will not be much loving device bcoz
iPhone hasn't many options like other pda's
it still at last in technology race
the one thing attract ppl is
1. the sensitive and fast multi touch display and its size and the way of work
2. the sound quality in headphones
wat it doesn't have acc. to indian ppl needs
1. no bluetooth connectivity wid other devices
2. no mms option
3. u cant send any sound, video, ringtone to your friends mobile
4. for anything on iPhone , u r stuck to iTunes; or your system
5. cant forward messages which r received from others, just can send new one, not old one
6. don't use sim phonebook,
7.speaker sound is too slow, as in india phones wid loud sound r at top. like n95 , n73 and sony walkman series
8. not reliable , there r only 4 centre of Apple in india. so if hardware goes faulty u cant repair easily on any shop and Apple cost its devices very high india ,as compared to other countries, so repairing also cost much high
9. u cant shoot videos
10. camera is simple with no zoom and better lens?
11. just 2 megapixels? y Apple don't feel shy while fixing 2 megapixels?
at time of 12 megapixel wat 2 will do?
12. no flash light? , no auto focus, no image stabiliser?
13. in india iTunes is not much liked by ppl bcoz we cant find our songs there, so we don't need itune in iPhone, and Apple cost for songs ,
in india we never buy songs, always get them for free .

so Apple make their iPhone just sticky to iTunes and Apple for any work
u cant forget Apple company after buying iPhone.

nokia n95 8 gb is gud than iPhone in case of features and quality.