Diehard Blackberry user here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 3, 2007
Hello all.
I am a long time blackberry user and want to make the jump to iPhone (I bought one, just have not opened it yet) but I have some questions.

How many pop e-mail accounts can you have on the iPhone?
Does it use the push technology like blackberry or is it a check mail system like the palm pilots?

Does ringtones from ATT work with the iPhone? I have my blackberry and all my info is on a sim chip that I understand is not transferrable, any thoughts on how to transfer my contacts from the sim chip?

Does anyone know if answer tones works with the iPhone?

And finally does anyone know if you lose your rollover minutes if you sign up for a new ATT plan? It seems they will not let me keep my old plan.

Thanks for any help. This place is a wealth of information. Keep up the good work.:laugh2:

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
the only ringtones that will work right now are the ones that come pre-installed on the phone ( but if you believe the rumors they are coming out with a software update, that will work like an iTunes update, that will allow aftermarket ringtones).

you should be able to use your same voice plan and add the data plan as an additional plan.

i think you can have as many email accounts as you want on the iPhone (not sure though but i know yo ucan have multiple just not sure how many)

best way i know to move info from blackberry to iPhone is transfer everything to outlook on pc then sync that to iPhone.

hope that helps :laugh2:

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Hello all.
I am a long time blackberry user and want to make the jump to iPhone (I bought one, just have not opened it yet) but I have some questions.

How many pop e-mail accounts can you have on the iPhone?
Does it use the push technology like blackberry or is it a check mail system like the palm pilots?

Does ringtones from ATT work with the iPhone? I have my blackberry and all my info is on a sim chip that I understand is not transferrable, any thoughts on how to transfer my contacts from the sim chip?

Does anyone know if answer tones works with the iPhone?

And finally does anyone know if you lose your rollover minutes if you sign up for a new ATT plan? It seems they will not let me keep my old plan.

Thanks for any help. This place is a wealth of information. Keep up the good work.:laugh2:
I think you can have several pop accounts....

no ringtones on the phone yet...give it a month or so....update coming soon..so i hear.

I def. think you will loose your rollover...but don't quote me on that.

i think you can keep your old plan, just add $20 for unlimited data.

hope that helps

Jul 3, 2007
All of it helps. Thank you.
My wife keeps asking me when I will open it, and I just keep reading and reading before I take the plunge.

Once I lose my grandfathered blackberry service I can't get it back. So I have to be sure before I do it.

I love the idea of visual voicemail, and as long as email works well I should be fine.

I do love my ringtone but could live without it for a few months.

Is the mail push or pull though?

Thanks!

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I think you can have several pop accounts....

no ringtones on the phone yet...give it a month or so....update coming soon..so i hear.

I def. think you will loose your rollover...but don't quote me on that.

i think you can keep your old plan, just add $20 for unlimited data.

hope that helps
You don't lose rollover!

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
All mail except Yahoo accounts is pull. 15 minutes is the least amount of time to check for mail.

By the way I ditched a Blackberry for this device and I don't regret it at all.

aprilia825

May 30, 2007
is there a technical reason they couldnt do pull mail from .mac? it seems real strange that they do pull for yahoo but couldnt manage to do it for their own blood (.mac mail users) ....i can't imagine it being a technical issue since its the same company, but then again all that stuff is japanese to me.