different homepages for different iPhone operators?

Apr 7, 2008
Do iPhones sold around the world have the same default homepage setup in safari or do iPhones sold in the usa have a different homepage setup in safari as iPhones sold in the uk?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
is there a homepage in safari on the phone. i don't have a home option and my safari always just opens up on the last page i visited even if i clear the history cache and cookies

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
by setting up a different home page, just like you would on you browser on your comp
Have you got an iPhone? If your iPhone is from GB and you have a home page, then yes there must be a difference. In the US we don't have a home page. We just open the last page that was viewed.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
Have you got an iPhone? If your iPhone is from GB and you have a home page, then yes there must be a difference. In the US we don't have a home page. We just open the last page that was viewed.
i think what the OP meant is that when you have a brand new phone, that has never used safari before, what the default homepage, or equivalent of a homepage on the iPhone, would be. the default homepage for a never before used iPhone could be different for different countries but it would have been set up that way by Apple. as styfle said the "homepage" could just be different default bookmarks. like in england there wouldn't be att services in the bookmarks but instead O2 services

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i think what the OP meant is that when you have a brand new phone, that has never used safari before, what the default homepage, or equivalent of a homepage on the iPhone, would be. the default homepage for a never before used iPhone could be different for different countries but it would have been set up that way by Apple. as styfle said the "homepage" could just be different default bookmarks. like in england there wouldn't be att services in the bookmarks but instead O2 services
In my case the bookmark defaults were copied from my IE bookmarks. I didn't have any AT&T default bookmarks. All that is determined in the setup process in iTunes.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i think the bookmarks might also depend when you got your phone
i just got mine at the end of march so the default bookmarks were google, Apple, the webapps link on Apple, and i think yahoo

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Their is no set homepage. It is just a white screen until you type in your URL.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
In my case the bookmark defaults were copied from my IE bookmarks. I didn't have any AT&T default bookmarks. All that is determined in the setup process in iTunes.
i hate ie so i don't use and thereforee i didn't copy my bookmarks from ie. did not no that iTunes puts the default bookmarks in though. always thought the phone came like that but i guess i never looked before i synced and activated and never actually thought about it either.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i hate ie so i don't use and thereforee i didn't copy my bookmarks from ie. did not no that iTunes puts the default bookmarks in though. always thought the phone came like that but i guess i never looked before i synced and activated and never actually thought about it either.
Well it doesn't offer the option to import the FF bookmarks, but I think it should. I only use IE for sites that require IE. Everything else is FF.