Different shades of blue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I noticed that when using iMessage that messages that I send sometimes are two different shades of blue. Anyone know what it means?

Sent from my iPhone using

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They have a gradient and the color changes as you scroll through your messages. The one at the bottom is the darkest.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It's a very subtle gradient, exactly like Europa said.

Its only purpose is to provide very subtle eye candy. Great attention to detail on Apple's part, as usual!

And the same applies for regular SMS green text bubbles. The gradient fill might be more easily observed as a big screen capture on your computer screen. In the screenshot below, I obscured as little as possible so as to allow you to see as much of the gradient fill of the text bubbles as possible:

greengradient.jpg

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
They have a gradient and the color changes as you scroll through your messages. The one at the bottom is the darkest.
Duh I see that now some days in not the sharpest tool in the shed (other days I don't even make it in the shed).

Sent from my iPhone using

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's a very subtle gradient, exactly like Europa said.

Its only purpose is to provide very subtle eye candy. Great attention to detail on Apple's part, as usual!

And the same applies for regular SMS green text bubbles. The gradient fill might be more easily observed as a big screen capture on your computer screen. In the screenshot below, I obscured as little as possible so as to allow you to see as much of the gradient fill of the text bubbles as possible:

View attachment 34722
I'd rather Apple skip the eye candy and get iOS 7 working better. I'm tired or Safari crashing and my phone locking up. This is disgraceful on Apple's part.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'd rather Apple skip the eye candy and get iOS 7 working better. I'm tired or Safari crashing and my phone locking up. This is disgraceful on Apple's part.
Well, today, we are one step closer to the public release of iOS 7.1. Let's hope Apple will address some of these issues.