Differing Contrasts - Any Chance of Exchange?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I purchased my iPhone on IDay - my wife purchased hers about two weeks ago. Hers looks much better as far as screen contrast, clarity and brightness. I have mine set to the same setting as hers and the difference is very noticeable in every lighting condition.
Any chance Apple will exchange my phone for one that has the better screen? Obviously this is not an operational problem but rather a preference.
In addition, mine was purchased on IDay at a Cingular store vs. my wifes which was purchased at an Apple Store.
Any problem with trying to exchange mine at an Apple Store?
Thanks.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I purchased my iPhone on IDay - my wife purchased hers about two weeks ago. Hers looks much better as far as screen contrast, clarity and brightness. I have mine set to the same setting as hers and the difference is very noticeable in every lighting condition.
Any chance Apple will exchange my phone for one that has the better screen? Obviously this is not an operational problem but rather a preference.
In addition, mine was purchased on IDay at a Cingular store vs. my wifes which was purchased at an Apple Store.
Thanks.
shouldn't be any problem at all. give it a shot.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Thanks.
I wonder if you got the 7-series screen, and she got the 5. It would be interesting to know.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I wonder if you got the 7-series screen, and she got the 5. It would be interesting to know.
Yes it would, since all 7s that I checked had better contrast than 5s (which seems to agree with the photos I've seen posted too). I checked at an Apple store the other day (wasn't easy, the place was mobbed).

--
Mike

mceis

Jul 9, 2007
I was able to exchange mine at the Apple Store. I brought in 2, the problem one and a good one for comparison. The only issue is that they can't guarantee you'll get a decent LCD on the exchange. Good luck!

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Mine is Serial No: 757252...

Hers is Serial No: 71728...
Does anyone know if there are any images online anywhere that show this supposed obvious difference in screen quality I keep hearing about. Since you seem to have two 7 series phones, the concept that there's a difference between the 5 and the 7 appears a bit bunk perhaps.

I'm just curious if there is comparison shots somewhere (not the turn-your-iphone-sideways-stand-on-your-head-eat-a-bowl-of-cheerios- and-you'll-see-a-difference method.) Just straight-on pics of the two different screens.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Does anyone know if there are any images online anywhere that show this supposed obvious difference in screen quality I keep hearing about. Since you seem to have two 7 series phones, the concept that there's a difference between the 5 and the 7 appears a bit bunk perhaps.

I'm just curious if there is comparison shots somewhere (not the turn-your-iphone-sideways-stand-on-your-head-eat-a-bowl-of-cheerios- and-you'll-see-a-difference method.) Just straight-on pics of the two different screens.
Yeah I am interested to see some pic's too, are they any out there?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Both are LCD Panel ID 5755135.

Is it possible that even though they are the same number the clarity, contrast and brightness is still different?

Maybe I am just starring at the two screens for too long (eventually, bond to notice so difference).