Difficulty hacking new iPhone

word604

Dec 25, 2007
I recently purchased an 8g iPhone, and Im having difficulty getting it up and running. Currently living in Canada, and have a contract with Rogers Wireless. Ive been following the jailbreak-routine without success. I have tried with and without my simcard in it(using rogers and the AT&T card supplied), but encounter difficulties in downloading from jailbreakme.com. It doesn't go anywhere. I open the site, and nothing but a few pixels in the upper-left of safari. I have a reasonable amount of patients since Ive got without a phone for some weeks being on vacation... but still stoked on gettin her up and running ofcourse.
I -think- the problems lies somewhere in between me connecting my iPhone to my computer and attempting to get it registered etc. from there with AT&T...should I haave never connected it to iTunes? Now I feel like I should reformat the phone and give it a new try, but Im unable to do so...

Suggestions please?
Thanks in advance,
Miles

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I recently purchased an 8g iPhone, and Im having difficulty getting it up and running. Currently living in Canada, and have a contract with Rogers Wireless. Ive been following the jailbreak-routine without success. I have tried with and without my simcard in it(using rogers and the AT&T card supplied), but encounter difficulties in downloading from jailbreakme.com. It doesn't go anywhere. I open the site, and nothing but a few pixels in the upper-left of safari. I have a reasonable amount of patients since Ive got without a phone for some weeks being on vacation... but still stoked on gettin her up and running ofcourse.
I -think- the problems lies somewhere in between me connecting my iPhone to my computer and attempting to get it registered etc. from there with AT&T...should I haave never connected it to iTunes? Now I feel like I should reformat the phone and give it a new try, but Im unable to do so...

Suggestions please?
Thanks in advance,
Miles
Are you following this guide? http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/site/112jb.html. That's the official jailbreak from the dev team. Also, is your firmware an OOTB 1.1.2? If so, you won't be able to unlock it to work with Rogers yet.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

Suggestions please?
Thanks in advance,
Miles

Also do a search on Rogers, I have read many threads here that have problems with the Rogers, but also workable solutions to it also.

word604

Dec 25, 2007
Ok so Ive downgraded to 1.1.1 and updated etc. The phone is working perfectly...however, I need to enable the use of any Sim card, as my Rogers is 'invalid'. Otherwise its working just as it should.
Any pointers?

Thanks in advance

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Ok so Ive downgraded to 1.1.1 and updated etc. The phone is working perfectly...however, I need to enable the use of any Sim card, as my Rogers is 'invalid'. Otherwise its working just as it should.
Any pointers?

Thanks in advance
Depending on the version of your phone this may, or may not be possible.

If it was a 1.1.2 when purchased, then , not.

If it's an earlier phone just install anySIM1.2u, put the phone into airplane mode, run it - and you're done.

word604

Dec 25, 2007
Depending on the version of your phone this may, or may not be possible.

If it was a 1.1.2 when purchased, then , not.

If it's an earlier phone just install anySIM1.2u, put the phone into airplane mode, run it - and you're done.
Grr...guess I'm SOL for the time being...Is there a hack on the horizon?
Actually really pisses me off, this is ridiculous.

Either way, thanks for your support :\

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Grr...guess I'm SOL for the time being...Is there a hack on the horizon?
Actually really pisses me off, this is ridiculous.

Either way, thanks for your support :\
No problem. You can get your hands on a TurboSim or StealthSIM, they're $100 or so from a few places - this will make things work, but that's the only route at the moment.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nope, no current support for unlocks on 1.1.2. Just be patient, I'm sure there will be one. That is, the day before 1.1.3 is released.

- John

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
for any iPhones purchased after dec 7 u need turbo sim or stealth sim it's an adapter for the iPhones where your sim goes into but it requires u to trim your sim card to fit

word604

Dec 25, 2007
*taps foot - checks calendar*
Yeah, I'll sit tight in that case. I cant give $100 to some illegal company on GP.
My feelings towards Apple being the big tech brother, or sister are beginning to dwindle. My head was in the ground and they fucked me on this one, oh well.

Cheers