Difficulty putting new Apple earbuds in case

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Has anyone tried to put their EarPods back into the case that Apple includes with them?

It's a pain in the butt. I can't see anyone bothering to use it on a regular basis. Looks great in the packaging, but totally impractical for regular use. Seems Apple could have done a lot better here.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, I get how it's done and I'm sure I could get proficient at it. It's still a pretty lousy design from a useability standpoint, though, no?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
... And then even if you wrap it correctly, getting the lid on can be tough unless the cord is wrapped just right. And then the lid doesn't stay on very well at all, especially in a pocket or pocketbook. Nah, this thing is crap.

... And then even if you wrap it correctly, getting the lid on can be tough unless the cord is wrapped just right. And then the lid doesn't stay on very well at all, especially in a pocket or pocketbook. Nah, this thing is crap.
ok ok I was trying really hard to justify reusing it everyday.. But I'll admit that it isn't the greatest design. You win this round.. ha(y)

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I do this everyday. First few times sucked but I just got the hang of it. It seems that it only works good putting in each earbud them looping around to the right both cords and bringing the one without the mic down the center first then the mic and then running it back to the right around the square. It's the only way it works for me!
Muckcityjustin makes me dizzy just listening to you
Should I watch the video now ?

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
I actually had zero trouble putting them back in lol I guess it just all fell into place for me. If only life was always so peachy.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
It's not that much of a pain for me, but I don't use mine daily. For more regular users, this is easily a pain. I actually like the design of them for long term storage, but it could be better...